Below you will find notes on the changes from one release to the next. For a higher level view of what we have planned for the future, please see the Spine Waffle.
- Fixed image and audio file watching.
- Fixed animate mode tooltip always showing at startup.
- Added icon overlays for mesh attachments, region attachments, image files, audio events, and audio files when the image or audio file is missing.
- Added visibility dot to events to disable playing audio and showing the event name in the viewport.
- Fixed transform constraint match shear offset.
- Fixed transform constraint match when local is checked.
- Added audio view.
- Fixed timeline frame number color when setting loop.
- Cleaner shutdown of audio system.
- Fixed exporting skeletons with names that are invalid for the file system.
- Allow dragging audio file to
Eventsnode to create a new audio event.
- Fixed undo for moving audio event keys.
- Fixed warble while dragging after moving audio event keys.
20 Oct 2017
- Fixes from 3.6.46.
5 Oct 2017
- Fixes from 3.6.42.
22 Sep 2017
- Fixes from 3.6.41.
- Moved recent files and view layouts out of the preferences JSON to separate files.
6 Sep 2017
- Merged fixes and improvements from 3.6.
27 Jun 2017
- Fixed message about audio files not being loaded.
- Fixed audio warbling when scrubbing, especially for small files.
- Fixed decoding some OGG audio files.
27 Jun 2017
- Added audio support.
- Fixed keys disappearing at the left edge of the dopesheet when the timeline is zoomed out.
20 Oct 2017
- Prevent invalid project files from being included as recent files.
- Delete bones with invalid skeleton on project load.
- When moving bones, slots, and attachments across skeletons, crash immediately if the move was incorrect to allow finding the reproduction steps for the bug.
- Fixed crash moving bones, slots, and linked meshes across skeletons in some cases.
- Fixed wrapping for next/previous frame hotkeys (
- Fixed next/previous key hotkeys (
E) not updating transform key buttons.
- Fixed warning on Windows that an image cannot be found when it doesn't have a lowercase file extension.
- Fixed warning that images were already packed when using scales and packing multiple times to same directory.
- Creating a new constraint now suggests a name, using the target.
- Less mesh UI clutter when adjusting weights, especially with pies disabled.
Update Bindingsnow works with multiple meshes selected.
- Fixed linked mesh in skin placeholder being moved to a different slot without also moving the source mesh.
- Fixed bugs with moving a skin placeholder with a linked mesh to a different skeleton.
- Fixed bugs where after deleting a skin, the skin remained active.
- Fixed mouse events at the very top of the window from being accepted by tools.
- Fixed pasting deform keys to an attachment under a different bone.
15 Oct 2017
- Fixed crash clicking
Update Bindingswithout a weighted mesh selected.
- Fixed Weights view not having a weight painting tool selected by default.
- Improved keeping the mesh position when removing deformation for:
Resetin the tree properties in setup mode,
Newin edit mesh mode, and when converting a mesh to a region.
- Fixed some actions being combined into the same undo step.
- Auto key works for mesh reset.
13 Oct 2017
- Fixed undo state showing as edited when a project is loaded.
- Fixed parsing JSON which uses
\r(CR) for EOL.
- Fixed the images path from being set to the Spine installation folder when saving a project for the first time or with
- Fixed crash opening some very old projects.
- Fixed problem which hid actual crash cause.
Directis now the default tool on the Weights view.
- Adjusting bones in setup mode no longer adjusts the bind pose, preventing mesh corruption.
- Added an
Update Bindingsbutton on the Weights view to store the correct mesh vertices as the mesh's bind pose.
5 Oct 2017
- Fixed color dialog RGB values changing when losing focus.
- Fixed crash using zoom to fit or zoom to 100% when no skin is visible.
- Fixed crash importing some data files or opening some projects.
- Fixed vertex count on edit dialog when creating a new clipping attachment.
- Fixed transform tools when the bone closest to the root is fully controlled by a constraint.
- Fixed hotkeys.txt being kept open while Spine is running.
- Show icon at drag position for direct weight tool.
25 Sep 2017
- Fixed opening some extremely old projects.
- Changed how zoom to fit works when bones/images/other are hidden.
- Fixed zero scale on bones causing the Spine camera to fail.
- Fixed texture packer dialog not showing last output folder.
- Added Tree Up
alt + up, Tree Down
alt + down, Collapse
alt + left, Expand
alt + right.
- Fixed color keys with FF alpha changing to FE after project reload.
- Fixed Animations view not selecting the skeleton to match the viewport selection.
- Fixed tab traversal on some dialogs.
- Fixed undo not recording a state in rare cases.
- Fixed typing numbers on color dialog being entered backward.
- Fixed filtering artifacts on hotkey popups.
21 Sep 2017
- Prevented attachment names changing position when
- Fixed crash selecting multiple different kinds of attachments when attachment names are enabled.
- Fixed skin visibility when duplicating a skeleton.
- Fixed skeleton tree expand state not being remembered when loading a project.
- When creating a new path and dragging the second handle, the first handle is adjusted to make for a reasonable path.
- Fixed skin alpha sorting after rename or Find and Replace.
- Fixed crash when right clicking to remove an entry from a file dialog.
- Fixed right clicking to remove an entry from a file dialog sometimes not working.
- Fixed saving a project during exit not closing Spine afterward.
Set Parentfor bones and slots not being able to choose targets in a different skeleton.
- Fixed crash using
Set Parentfor images (not attachments) and choosing a target in a different skeleton.
- Fixed images path when set to ".".
- Fixed image preview in the tree when the image is larger than the Spine window.
- Fixed crash when creating a bounding box or clipping attachment and
Newis clicked before any vertices are created.
Import Projectbrowse button showing favorites.
- Show launcher cancel button during update check.
- Fixed rotate and scale compensation when both
Imagecompensation are enabled.
- Use file name for default skeleton name on
- Fixed zoom to fit after doing
Newnot clearing the vertices on the bounding box
- Fixed animation names being shown in brackets during
- Improved the resulting mesh position after using edit mesh
- Fixed selection group hotkeys not scrolling the tree to the selected nodes.
Project Importanimation when two placeholders in the same slot have attachments with the same name.
- Fixed meshes with
Wireframechecked being drawn in mesh edit mode when deform is unchecked.
- Don't animate mesh rotate tool unless changing vertices.
- Fixed keeping attachment transform when moving a skin placeholder to a new bone.
6 Sep 2017
- More efficient editor rendering.
- Fixed exported data not having skeleton size in some cases.
- Improved error handling during exports.
- Export script improvements (next launcher update or at spine-scripts).
- Added AE and Inkscape export scripts to launcher download (next launcher update or at spine-scripts).
- Default bone name for new bone uses parent icon and parent name as prefix.
- On Windows, can drop a .json, .skel, .spine, or .atlas file on the Spine window.
- Hovering the visibility dot or key in the tree no longer temporarily shows the attachment.
- Use absolute path for images folder when doing
Data Importinto a new project.
- Fixed weights slider on the
29 Jul 2017
- Fixed error opening some old projects.
- Added a new UI language: Italian
- Fixed Ghosting view alignment for non-English languages.
- Changed default prune value to 5.5.
7 Jul 2017
- Fixed clicking bone rotation checkbox when disabled in animate mode.
- Fixed button icon scaling at small and medium font sizes.
- Fixed minimum height for Timeline and Playback views.
- Added skel.bytes extension to
- Fixed invalid project state in some cases from dragging across skeletons.
- Better error messages are logged for WAV files.
- Fixed tree not scrolling all the way down when the project has many skeletons.
- Fixed file dialogs not remembering network paths.
23 Jun 2017
- Fixed image file used icons after dragging into viewport.
- Fixed dragging image file when toolbar is next to the tree.
- Show mouse over for region attachments in animate mode.
- Fixed crash dragging vertex in mesh edit mode.
21 Jun 2017
- Fixed texture unpacker dialog.
- Fixed crash right clicking a Preview track button before an animation is selected.
- Fixed crash moving path position in animate mode.
19 Jun 2017
- Fixed right click delete of first item on export file dialog not deleting.
- Fixed adding a new key preventing existing curves from being applied.
- Right click
Previewtrack buttons to toggle the last played animation.
19 Jun 2017
- Better weight colors.
Visibilityhotkey for bones.
Set Parenthotkey for path and point attachments.
- Fixed crash creating clipping attachment with
- Fixed undo allowing a bounding box or path to have zero vertices.
- Fixed crash dragging a slot with a path to two different bones.
- Fixed point attachments not showing their name when under a skin placeholder.
17 Jun 2017
- Fixed viewport non-linear filtering.
- Launcher updated.
17 Jun 2017
- Slot color dialog and
Slot Colorview apply auto key has the color is changed, to better work with
Autoweighting when a linked mesh's vertices are selected.
Limit memorytexture packer setting.
- Can now select any number of bones, click
Weightsview, then choose a mesh, bounding box, path, or clipping attachment.
- Focusing a text field no longer prevents
ctrl + ?hotkeys.
- Added a vertical line to denote the original start/end when using key
Current skinscope to
Find and Replace.
- Removed square brackets from bone names in bone select boxes.
Cancelbutton to export progress dialog.
- Fixed difficulty selecting bones with a pen while holding
- Edit button to choose new constrained bones and target for transform, path, and IK constraints.
- Show linear line on
- Added a progress bar to texture packing.
14 Jun 2017
- Fixed images showing "loading" placeholder during key
- Don't show parent bone arrows for hidden bones.
- Improved line rendering.
- Better arrow head scaling.
- Colored track button when playing an animation on that track in
- Fixed minimizing a view with more than one tab.
13 Jun 2017
- Optimizations for projects with many Bezier keys.
- Fixed file dialog not opening in some cases.
Find and Replacenot finding the right object types.
- Added clipping attachments to
Find and Replace.
Newclipping attachment mode.
- Allow resizing warning dialogs.
- Fix projects on load that have attachments in a skin that has been deleted.
12 Jun 2017
- Fixed hotkeys on OS X.
12 Jun 2017
Show All Bones/Slotshotkey not updating the tree.
- Fixed misaligned icons on minimized view buttons.
ctrl + alt + clickremoves a vertex from soft selection.
ctrl + alt + dragremoves vertices from soft selection with box selection.
Hull verticescheckbox to
Firstoption to the
Find and Replacedialog.
- Fixed slot blend mode being changed when multiple slots are selected.
- Loop, mix, and alpha are stored per
- Fixed crash when adding a key to new animation with
12 Jun 2017
- Fixed crash opening file dialog.
- Fixed missing and loading placeholder images not using the right texture filtering.
- Fixed maximize/fullscreen size when using multiple monitors.
- New hotkey
Show All Bones/Slots, defaults to
ctrl + H(
cmd + Hon Mac).
- Fixed crash deleting slots/bones/etc with
- Warning if exporting JSON/binary and creating an atlas under a skeleton image folder.
- Warning on export that attachment image file is missing if it has different case on Windows.
Previewcrossfading on track 0 when the second animation doesn't key a value on frame 0.
11 Jun 2017
Import Projectfile dialog shows recently opened project files.
- Separate favorite and browse dialog buttons.
- Fixed Wacom modifier key events.
- Optimizations for projects with many attachments (75,000+).
Createtool being unable to drag the new bone the first time.
- Fixed selection groups containing a slot from selecting the parent bone in the tree.
--cleanCLI option to perform animation clean up (requires 3.6.25+ launcher).
- Fixed OS file dialog not showing in correct directory.
- Fixed project undo state after deleting entry from file dialog.
- Fixed dragging a bone and descendants to another skeleton.
- Fixed crash editing a mesh while using
- Fixed key
Adjustso it still works when
Auto Keyis off.
Previewnot seeing a longer or shorter animation.
- Fixed directory appearing in files list on file dialog.
- File dialog no longer shows entries when the root of a path (usually the drive) does not exists, even when a path isn't required to exist.
- Export dialog shows file extension that will be added when one is not specified.
- FPS now shows "--" until the FPS is ready.
- Added button in dopesheet to show/hide
Graphis a tab, the active tab is toggled instead of hiding the view.
Key Offsetwhen the first and last keys are not the same value is disallowed.
- Fixed events being triggered incorrectly when loop start/end was used.
- Fixed curves when using
- Fixed orange frame number in timeline when dragging < frame 0.
5 Jun 2017
- When a new animation is chosen in the Preview view, immediately load images for attachments shown in the animation.
alt+Bon any file dialog to browse.
- Fixed ghosting affecting Preview view skeleton color.
Previous Skinhotkeys (default:
Previous Animationhotkeys for projects with multiple skeletons.
- Fixed Preview and Animation views' skeleton select box.
- Fixed Preview collapse button.
3 Jun 2017
- Fixed dopesheet vertical scrollbar width.
- Preview view improvements and bug fixes.
1 Jun 2017
Previewview for playing back animations with mixing inside Spine, similar to Skeleton Viewer.
- Fixed dragging image files to a slot.
- Fixed path constraint position when dragging handle along the path.
- New hotkey, Main Menu:
alt+F. Can be followed by a letter,
Ofor Open Project,
Sfor Save Project, etc.
- Linked mesh properties now show source mesh skin, if any, and clicking the source mesh makes the skin active so the source mesh can be selected.
- Restrict Timeline view height so it doesn't look broken.
29 May 2017
- Fixed attachments abandoned in old skin when a bone is moved to a different skeleton.
- Allow pasting a file as a path into text boxes.
- Pasting a file to a file dialog will choose that file.
- Right click to remove a path from a file dialog.
- Fixed file dialog when UI animations are disabled.
- Fixed bone selection after dragging a bone to a different skeleton.
28 May 2017
- Fixed images not loading for attachments shown mid animation.
- Fixed crashes creating new attachments.
- Fixed attachment not showing when creating a new slot + attachment at the same time.
28 May 2017
- Bones, slots, and attachments can be dragged to a different skeleton.
- Duplicate now prompts to also duplicate keys for bones, slots, attachments, and events.
- Fixed polygon compensation when moving a bone that is a child of a bone that is constrained.
- Favorite projects are no longer listed first on Recent Projects menu.
- Fixed graph line size.
enteron a file dialog chooses the most recent. If filter text is entered, it chooses the first entry.
- Fixed losing attachment visibility when undoing moving an attachment to a different slot.
Link slidersfor transform constraint being disabled in animate mode.
- Added hotkeys
Auto Scroll(equivalent to tree button) and
Scroll To Selected(for when auto scroll is off).
- Fixed vertices not being updated in edit mode if the attachment isn't visible.
- Fixed some problems with undoing changes to keys.
- Fixed changing key curve type in graph not having an affect.
- Changing beta setting prompts restart.
- Allow dragging multiple attachments with different types at the same time.
- Fixed duplicating a bone or slot that has linked meshes.
- Attachments automatically renamed by moving linked meshes to another slot now have their path set so the image can still be found.
- Fixed dragging linked mesh on to source mesh when source mesh is under a skin placeholder.
- Fixed draw order not showing correctly in the tree.
- More detailed log messages when projects load with warnings.
cmdon Mac) over UI widgets no longer triggers a mouse over in the viewport.
- Fixed crash showing main menu regarding the recent projects submenu.
Save Asnot working the first time.
- Fixed loading color keys in very old projects.
- Fixed crash using undo when hovering tree node.
13 May 2017
- Fixed keying issues.
12 May 2017
- Huge performance improvements for projects with many attachments.
- Loading dialog when opening project via Recent Projects menu.
- Fixed crash keying an event.
- Fixed not being able to selected vertices in mesh edit mode after the Spine window forcibly loses focus.
- Draw deformed boundary lines for multiple vertices in mesh edit mode.
- Improved deformed mesh edit mode when dragging multiple vertices and hitting the boundary lines.
- Animated returning mesh vertex rotate tool icon to 0 degrees.
- Fixed scale tool icon not changing size for mesh vertices.
- Fixed selecting a second mesh when box selecting vertices.
Hide Selectionhotkey to hide vertices during manipulation.
- Fixed crash during project
- Fixed rendering while project loads after choosing a file from the file dialog when Spine is maximized or fullscreen.
- Fixed default interface scale on high DPI (2x+) displays.
22 Apr 2017
- Added loop selection: hold
shiftwhen clicking an edge.
- Tree highlighting for linked meshes.
- Faster AVI RAW and MOV RAW video export.
- Improved open dialog paths.
- Remember selected bones in
- 4K support for Skeleton Viewer.
- Convert paths stored in project file to the new open dialog.
- Wider dialog text boxes.
- Icon for main menu recent projects list.
- Increased item spacing for main menu and select boxes.
- Rounded edges and blue down state for select box selection.
- Fixed clipping ghosts when ghosting only selected attachments.
Metricsview shows clipping metrics.
- Fixed color keys when opening projects from before 3.6.
19 Apr 2017
- Added weight painting.
- Significant performance improvements, especially with mesh manipulation and undo/redo.
- Fixed video with alpha export, supported codecs are AVI RAW, MOV RAW, MOV PNG, and MOV Animation.
- Fixed slot color with zero alpha affecting clipping.
- Don't fill background when clipping is selected and
- Icon for clipping end slot
- When creating a slot for clipping, put it at the bottom of the draw order.
- Clipping end slot defaults to same clipping attachment's slot (which clips until end of draw order).
- Colored background in draw order to denote clipping.
- New file choosing dialogs and smart logic.
Save Project Asupdates the skeleton image paths relative to the new project file location.
Wireframecheckbox to meshes to always show the vertices and edges.
- Prevent flashing of
Piescheckbox and bone dimming when dragging with
Weightsview is now useful even when no vertices are selected.
Selectedcheckbox only shows pies for selected bones and vertices.
- Added "select vertices" button to bones list on
- Faster auto weight calculation.
- Preserve background color alpha when choosing image export formats.
8 Apr 2017
- Fixed tree filter for attachments.
- Fixed clicking slot label when bones are hidden in tree.
- Fixed clipping end slot.
8 Apr 2017
- Added clipping attachments for polygonal clipping areas.
- Fixed tint black checkbox when multiple slots are selected.
- Fixed tint black when duplicating a slot.
- Update path constraint properties after dragging path position in viewport.
- Fixed confusing UI state when playing an animation with no keys or all keys on frame zero.
- Added separator between skeletons in the tree.
- Fixed default UI scale for 4K (2x scale).
- Fixed scrolling to selected tree node in some situations.
- Allow selecting region attachments in the tree in animate mode by clicking them in the viewport.
- Fixed ghosting
- Fixed tint black with ghosting.
- Remember tint black setting when disabling tint black.
- Fixed ghosting showing attachments hidden in setup pose.
- Fixed texture unpacker dialog size.
- Fixed dopesheet losing selection when the active tool is changed.
- Fixed undo for changing attachment colors.
- Fixed auto weight crash for Mac and Linux.
26 Mar 2017
- Fixed images not being packed during data export if their name or path has a file extension.
Animationwhen the source project has a region and the importing project has mesh deform keys.
- Fixed crash when editing bounding boxes in animate mode.
21 Mar 2017
- More audio playback improvements. New play.jar uploaded.
- Much higher quality font rendering when using
Interface linear filteringsetting to disable linear filtering when using interface scale.
- Better initial settings for 4K displays.
- Texture packer whitespace stripping now leaves 1px of whitespace on image edges that were stripped when duplicate padding is used.
- Added back
Reuse instancesetting for Windows and Linux.
Keyboard typefor Windows and Linux.
- Disabled changing the Spine version in the trial.
- Fixed manipulating bones in setup mode for linked, weighted meshes.
16 Mar 2017
Scaletool when dragging to adjust both axes and one is negative.
- Fixed non-shadowed bitmap font render position.
- Added Spine version to export dialog.
- Duplicating a slot now changes viewport selection to new attachment.
- Audio server improvements, loop audio when looping animation.
6 Mar 2017
- Don't draw paths in outline view.
- Updated fonts in launcher.
- Added language: Traditional Chinese. Requires new launcher.
- Fixed being able to undo changing the background color in the Settings dialog.
28 Feb 2017
- Numerous fixes from 3.5.4X.
23 Feb 2017
- Added point type to Find and Replace.
- Turkish translations updated.
Automesh weighting for a coarse mesh with very small bones.
- Don't write bone rotations outside the -180 to 180 range in export data.
- Thicker graph lines.
- Fixes from 3.5 releases.
Bone -> New constraintUI.
Autoweights now only modifies weights of selected bones and vertices. Select none for all.
21 Dec 2016
- Added local and relative options to transform constraints.
- Added Turkish language translations.
12 Dec 2016
- Graph view now hides text on buttons and labels when resized smaller to reduce its minimum width.
shiftwhen creating a new bone via hotkey or the tree creates the new bone as a sibling of the selected bone.
- Removed ability to create a Skeleton Attachment, which is a WIP and not yet ready.
10 Dec 2016
- Fixed tree selection order when shift clicked from bottom to top.
- Fixed image compensation for child meshes.
7 Dec 2016
Newselect box being disabled when selecting multiple bones.
- Mouse over glow for weight pies.
- Changed how meshes, paths, and bounding boxes are adjusted and how image compensation is applied to them.
- Fixed shear compensation for meshes.
- Removed shear compensation for bones, as it didn't work right and doesn't make sense.
- Fixed mouse cursor on text fields in dialogs.
6 Dec 2016
- Added bone
- Better tree node expansion when doing box select.
- Fixed selected tree node being scrolled under the tree properties.
Selectcheckbox to bones.
- Fixed exporting attachments with file extension in their names.
- Hiding a bone in the tree no longer hides dopesheet rows.
- The events node and individual events in the tree no longer hide dopesheet rows.
- Hiding events using the dopesheet filter now also hides the events in the viewport, above the skeleton.
- Added texture unpacking to CLI.
- Export warnings when a slot is hidden.
- Export warnings when a project contains a mesh and
Create atlasis checked.
- Better warning messages for multi-skeleton projects.
2 Dec 2016
Tint blackfor slots. Requires special runtime support.
- Added point attachments.
- When setting a key, use the constrained local transform if the property being keyed is controlled 100% by a constraint.
- Tooltips move with the mouse and are shown above the mouse so they can be more easily read.
- Buttons on right edge of tree show a tooltip with the name of the constraint.
- Items related to the selected item in the tree are highlighted.
- Related items are highlighted when buttons on right edge of tree are hovered.
- Show tooltip animation duration reduced (hover time unchanged).
- Draw arrows between bones when hovering buttons on right edge of tree.
- Improved arrow rendering.
- High quality antialiased line rendering, even without MSAA.
- Mouse over with
Createtool shows only arrows up hierarchy to the root bone.
6 Mar 2017
- Fixed crash selecting vertices immediately after using mesh
6 Mar 2017
- Fixed loading certain very old projects.
- Fixed pasting a color key to a different slot.
- Pasting bone, slot, and constraint keys uses selection to find an appropriate paste target (eg pasting bone keys with an attachment selected pastes to the attachment's bone).
28 Feb 2017
- Fixed bug when pasting keys from multiple bones.
27 Feb 2017
- If a scrollable area (dopesheet, tree, etc) isn't scrolling vertically, the mouse wheel no longer scrolls the viewport.
- Possible fix for spurious keys being create when Auto Key is enabled and the timeline is scrubbed.
L(key active tool) and
ctrl+L(key selection) will key the mesh deform of the selected mesh(es).
- Fixed being able to drag an attachment to another skeleton.
- Fixed opening projects where an attachment is from another skeleton.
- Fixed crash pasting keys to a different skeleton.
- Fixed copying IK keys to a bone without an IK constraint.
Animationsview no longer selects the animation in the tree, unless the selected animation is clicked a second time.
26 Feb 2017
- Fixed importing IK, transform, and path constraint keys with a Bezier curve.
- Fixed project integrity when moving an attachment to a different slot.
- Fixed attachment visibility when undoing delete attachment.
- On Linux, fixed window losing maximized state when regaining focus.
- Fixed crash mousing over empty skin placeholder in some scenarios.
- Fixed crash when duplicating a path is some scenarios.
- On Windows, fixed hang after fallback file dialog loses focus.
22 Dec 2016
- Fixed keys sometimes not being shown when the dopesheet filter is active.
22 Dec 2016
- Fixed keys sometimes not being shown when the dopesheet filter is active.
21 Dec 2016
- Fixed the fullscreen Spine window staying on top after the window loses focus.
17 Dec 2016
- Fixed disabling inherit rotation, scale, or reflection being reset when a project is opened.
- Fixed animation sort order after rename.
- Fixed slow down when Spine is left open for a long time.
7 Dec 2016
- Fixed data import for paths and bounding boxes.
6 Dec 2016
- Fixed crash from dopesheet showing a bone whose deform timelines are hidden because the meshes are in a skin.
2 Dec 2016
- Fixed mouse cursor getting stuck when closing color dialog.
- Increased number slider text field width.
- Improved bone compensation when a child bone is constrained.
Clean Upto leave one key if needed so the animation duration doesn't change.
- Fixed regions from being selected in animate mode.
30 Nov 2016
Clean Upfor draw order and attachment keys.
30 Nov 2016
- Default color dialog to hue.
- Fixed color dialog hue mode from changing color slightly due rounding.
- Allow color dialog to be resized.
- Added mouse cursors for dialog resizing.
- Added animation
Clean Upto remove unnecessary timelines.
30 Nov 2016
- Fixed image preview not hiding.
29 Nov 2016
Constraintsnode in the tree for Essential users.
- Added tooltips to tree annotation buttons.
Slot Color Viewhotkey.
- New tree node order.
- Highlight slot/draw order slot when other is selected and mouse is not over tree. Will do better highlighting later.
- Fixed path constraint modes when duplicating skeleton.
- More decimal places for path percent sliders.
- Fixed hang when scaling paths to zero in some cases.
29 Nov 2016
- Fixed attachments not being exported.
29 Nov 2016
- Fixed attachment visibility when going from mesh to region or region to mesh.
Backgroundcheckbox has become separate
- Allowed selection of hidden bones using the tree.
- When hovering a 2 bone IK constraint, draw IK arrows to the target bone.
- Transform constraints default to 0% mixes and sliders unlinked.
Imagestree node in animate mode.
28 Nov 2016
- Fixed choosing keyboard layout.
- Added Dvorak and Russian keyboard layouts.
- Fixed crashes where a project kept references to deleted attachments.
- Fixed bug when pressing
ctrlwhile dragging with the
26 Nov 2016
- Improved overall performance for projects with many images and attachments.
- FPS display in title bar is only shown during playback and when enough samples have been collected to provide an accurate frame rate.
- Image scanning limit changed from 10,000 to 2,000 to avoid a huge load when opening projects with many skeletons.
26 Nov 2016
- Many improvements to UI graphics, new buttons, dialogs, etc.
Zoom to fitconsiders bounds and paths.
Zoom to fitdoesn't consider bones or attachments if they are hidden via
- Added checkbox to export
Others(paths and bounding boxes) for image and video export.
23 Nov 2016
- Reverted UI changes that are not quite ready.
23 Nov 2016
- Fixed opening a project containing a non-constant speed path in some cases.
- Fixed SRTH text field alignment with small font.
21 Nov 2016
- Fixed crashes with skin placeholders.
- Fixed images showing red/unused icon after being modified and reloaded.
- Fixed mesh deforms only being displayed during playback.
- Fixed crash deleting a skin.
- Fixed duplicate skeleton and duplicate slot not preserving attachment visibility.
- Fixed crash after removing bound bones to a weighted, linked mesh.
- Fixed file watching on OS X.
20 Nov 2016
- Big performance improvements for projects having tens of thousands of attachments.
- Fixed crash switching to animate mode for some projects.
18 Nov 2016
- Disabled keying when playing backward.
- Fixed deforming meshes in animate mode when the mesh is in a skin.
- Left column in dopesheet no longer shrinks in size except for when locked or refreshed.
18 Nov 2016
- Fixed rare crash opening a file dialog.
- Fixed rare crash when a dopesheet group is changed.
- Fixed elusive crash switching to
Weightstool after deleting vertices.
- Fixed rare auto key crash.
- Fixed rare crash dragging bones in
- Fixed rare crash using
- Fixed background attachments being exported.
- Fixed translation compensation.
- Prevent left column of dopesheet from changing size while scrubbing the timeline.
- Mouse hover preview over meshes in the tree now uses the setup pose vertices.
- Fixed rare crash when pasting.
- Fixed crash hovering meshes and paths in tree.
- Don't show image or attachment preview during playback when hovering in the tree.
17 Nov 2016
- Adjusted default location when choosing a file of folder.
- Fixed empty skin placeholder interfering with visibility of other attachments in its slot.
17 Nov 2016
- Fixed dopesheet keys not appearing when the dopesheet has been scrolled horizontally.
17 Nov 2016
- Fixed dopesheet keys not appearing.
- Fixed hidden skin placeholders from being shown when switching skins.
16 Nov 2016
- Fixed mesh deforms in animate mode when a mesh has weights.
- When a
.jsonextension is not specified on the save export or packer settings dialogs,
.pack.jsonis appended to differentiate the type of settings.
- The packer settings dialog now has a
- The export dialog
Loadbutton accepts packer settings JSON.
- The packer dialog
Loadbutton accepts export settings JSON (applying only the packer settings).
16 Nov 2016
- Fixed skin placeholders being hidden when a skin is made visible which has no attachment for the placeholder.
16 Nov 2016
- Fixed auto key setting a deform key when an attachment visibility key is set.
- Fixed texture packing not writing a PNG.
15 Nov 2016
- Fixed crash with undo after deleting a skeleton.
- Badges for EDU and ENT (requires launcher update).
- Fixed crash when loading invalid export settings.
- Fixed crash using
Next Animationhotkey with no currently selected animation.
- Fixed rare crash clicking bone with
13 Nov 2016
- Fixed clicking Auto weights when button is disabled.
ctrl+Ahotkey for lists that support multiple selection (
Weightview bones, filters, etc).
- Added dashed line to bone
- Disabled arrow keys to "nudge" during playback.
- A mesh with
Backgroundchecked is now exported if keyed in a deform timeline.
- A warning is shown if an attachment with
Backgroundchecked is exported because it is keyed.
- Prevent left column of dopesheet from resizing during playback or while scrubbing the timeline due to attachment visibility changes for the selected attachment.
- Fixed skeleton setup pose size being exported as 0x0.
- Fixed selecting both parent and child bones.
- Fixed crash dealing with selection and skin placeholders.
- Fixed crash clicking
Edit Meshmode for some meshes.
- Fixed copy and paste of multiple attachment keys when a slot is selected.
12 Nov 2016
- Huge performance improvements during playback.
- Reduced memory usage and eliminated GC stuttering.
- Much faster opening large projects, especially with many attachments (thousands).
- Fixed crash loading extremely large projects.
- Fixed crash editing graph presets.
- Fixed undo when editing graph presets.
- Fixed crash during pasting from outside of Spine in some cases.
- Fixed mouse cursor position on OS X.
- Disabled keying during playback.
- Fixed crash duplicating a skeleton that has a linked mesh where the source mesh is in a skin.
- Disabled tree attachment hovering during playback.
10 Nov 2016
- Fixed filsystem watching on OS X.
- Fixed filters for file choosing dialogs.
- More bone icons.
- Fixed crash with mesh attachment visibility keys.
- Right click on bone entries in the dopesheet to toggle expand/collapse (like in the tree).
- Don't show orange "0" in timeline when creating a box selection.
10 Nov 2016
- Fixed exporting.
10 Nov 2016
- More bone icons.
- Changing text in the string field for an event with auto key on sets a key immediately, without requiring enter to be pressed.
Namecheckbox for bones to always show their name.
- Fixed crash dragging a bone from the tree over the Weights view.
- Potential fix for incorrect mouse cursor location on Mac.
9 Nov 2016
- Allow scrolling to zoom while panning.
- Fixed crash keying events.
9 Nov 2016
- Fixed crash relating to slots.
- Fixed crash changing to animate mode after selecting an image file.
9 Nov 2016
Texture Unpackermenu item, for taking an atlas and splitting it into individual image files.
- More bone icons.
- Path constraint offset rotation now reflects if the path's bone is reflected.
- Transform constraint offset rotation and shearY now reflects if the path's bone is reflected.
- Increased width of path text boxes on texture packer dialog.
Data Importfor paths.
- Fixed duplicating bones that have meshes.
- Fixed default paths on dialogs based on previously used paths across all projects.
- Adjusted bone icon sizes.
- Selecting a bone that is the target of an IK constraint now shows the bone in the tree, not the IK constraint.
6 Nov 2016
- Much better performance overall, but especially with many (hundreds to 1000+) bones and slots.
- Disabled dragging up/down in SRTH text boxes while playback is active.
- Dragging up/down or mouse scroll over numeric text fields no longer creates many undo states.
- Reversed scroll direction over numeric text fields.
- Increased numeric text field scroll amount.
- Disallow changing bone icon in animate mode.
- Don't bother calculating weights when only one bone is bound.
Sheartool rotating the wrong way when a parent bone is scaled negatively.
- Fixed orange frame count position in timeline when moving keys with box selection.
- Less annoying easing for select boxes and the main menu.
- Fixed restoring tree node expand state when a project with multiple skeletons is opened.
- Reduced tap square size and time between clicks for double clicking timeline to play/pause.
- Fixed draw order reset so a key is set when auto key is enabled.
- Fixed draw order up/down tree icons to show direction from previous draw order, not from setup pose.
- Zero length bones are always drawn on top of bones with a length.
- Start speed for automatic scrolling when dragging is increased.
- Added automatic scrolling to
Weightsview bone list.
4 Nov 2016
- Fixed projects which contained bones in the dopesheet which had been previously deleted.
- Fixed FPS text field on export dialog being too narrow with larger fonts.
Backgroundcheckbox on export dialog from shifting position.
- Fixed scroll wheel over SRTH text fields from setting keys during playback.
- Hovering bones in the tree highlights them in the viewport.
- Added choice of bone icons for zero length bones.
- Fixed crash importing JSON or binary data.
3 Nov 2016
Generategrid vertices always orients triangles the same direction.
- Max mesh vertex count changed to 3000.
- Improved performance when manipulating large meshes.
- Fixed attachment compensation when a slot has a mesh and more than one attachment.
- During playback or timeline scrubbing, attachment visibility changes no longer lose the viewport selection. If a new attachment in the same slot is visible, it is selected.
2 Nov 2016
- Prompt that weights are being deleted for mesh, path, and bounding box
Newbuttons and mesh
- Hide vertices when choosing bones to bind.
- Limited meshes, paths, and bounding boxes to 5000 vertices.
- Reduced distance for snapping to mesh edges when zoomed in.
- Reduced height of blank lines on dialogs.
- Fixed crash clicking
Bindbone no longer uses attachments for choosing bones.
- Fixed bone weight pies showing the wrong value in some cases.
- When generating a grid (using
Generatewhen there are edges at all 4 maximums) a different number of rows and columns are used to appropriately fill the mesh.
Generateno longer moves existing points, as it is most useful to fill in mesh after placing points in the important areas.
2 Nov 2016
- Double click timeline to play/pause at that position.
- Fixed exported values in JSON being off by 0.0001.
- Fixed rounded corners on SRTH buttons.
- Fixed entering weights numerically.
- Fixed "Weights could not be computed" error when using auto weighting.
Autoweights has even better quality.
Generatemesh vertices is much faster and with better quality (click multiple times).
- Fixed weights view not showing asterisk when bone weights for selected vertices differ.
- Faster exporting.
Posetool no longer shows IK target icon when translating.
14 Oct 2016
- Fixed export file paths not being remembered when the output file doesn't yet exist.
- Fixed changes to files with the same name as an image file but a different extension from causing the image file to not load.
- Fixed local scale when bone has inherit rotation disabled.
- Added separator under
Current tooldopesheet filter.
- Fixed rotate, scale, and shear tools going the wrong direction when the bone has inherit rotation disabled and a parent has reflection.
14 Oct 2016
- Fixed rotating bones when "disable inherit rotation" is used with negative scale. Now a bone which doesn't inherit rotation also does not inherit reflection. Projects that relied on the old behavior may require minor fix up.
- Fixed freeze on Windows when switching to Spine using
- Fixed large values being capped in JSON exports.
- Faster and more reliable filesystem watching for image file modifications.
- Checkbox on
Imagestree node to remove limits on image file scanning.
- Better colors on bone, slot, and other icons in the tree.
- Timeline now indicates ghosting frames.
- Dragging an image from the
Imagestree node into the viewport now creates the slot and region attachment on the selected bone.
- Fixed tools being unable to select bones after double clicking a bone.
- Fixed box select while a mesh, path, or bounding box is selected from selecting other attachments when any vertices are selected.
- Fixed deleting a skin placeholder which has attachment in multiple skins. Previously the attachments remained hidden in the project until the next time the project was opened.
- Fixed project shown as having changes that need to be saved after using
Save Project As.
Prunesaying X weights were removed when they were not.
- Pruning weights remembers the last value used.
Current tooldopesheet filter.
- Fixed rotate, scale, and shear tools going the wrong direction when a parent has reflection.
23 Sep 2016
- Better kerning for all the Unicode fonts.
- Fixed crash when mousing over empty skin placeholders in tree.
16 Sep 2016
- Constraint order can be specified by dragging constraints in the tree. This enables all kinds of fancy rigging!
- The frame rate can now be specified in the Playback view. This affects the animation speed for the whole project, both in the editor and at runtime.
- Fixed rotating bones when "disable inherit scale" is used with negative scale. Now a bone which doesn't inherit scale my still rotate as a result of a parent being scaled. Projects that relied on the old behavior may require minor fix up.
- Added "disable reflection" option when "disable inherit scale" is activated.
- Allow transform constraint rotate, translate, scale, and shear mixes to be < 0% or > 100%.
- Spine launcher 3.4.03 has been released which can resume downloading updates if the connection is lost. This may help those behind the great firewall of China.
- Spine installer downloads can now be resumed. This is also helpful from China.
- Fixed path constraint slot attachment label showing "..." when timeline position changed.
- Fixed Match button on Graph view not showing toggle state.
- Hide tree properties during drag and drop.
- Fixed attachments not being shown when hovering over a skin placeholder in the tree.
- After clicking to hide an attachment, hovering that attachment in the tree does not show the attachment in the viewport until a different tree node has been hovered.
- Added event messages to Skeleton Viewer.
- Improved AnimationState in various ways.
- Disabled bone and attachment compensation when a project is opened or a new project is created to reduce confusion.
- Fixed slider clamping.
- When deleting a skin placeholder, the
Keep current attachmentcheckbox changes any attachment keys showing the skin placeholder to show the attachment that was kept.
- Better preservation of tree node expanded state when changing filters.
- Tree node expanded state is restored when a project is closed and reopened.
Bendcheckbox for 1 bone IK.
- If an attachment under a skin placeholder is selected, after changing skins select the attachment for that placeholder in the new skin.
- Clicking path in path constraint selects the path in the viewport.
- Ghosting when not looping continues slightly after the last frame.
- Fixed path constraint timelines not changing their bone in the dopesheet when their target slot is changed to a new bone.
- Faster performance switching to/from animate mode, applying filters, and other actions which modify the tree.
- Faster opening of projects with 100,000+ keys.
- Fixed losing subfolders when dropping an image file on to an attachment under a skin placeholder.
- Fixed rare hang after deleting bones bound to a mesh.
- Fixed crash deleting bones bound to a path.
- Fixed image exports being 1x1 when scaling a path to zero.
- Added secret
- Texture packer output folder will be created if it doesn't exist.
- CLI exporting can now take a
.skelinstead of a
.spineproject file to convert a Spine skeleton data file from JSON to binary or binary to JSON.
6 Aug 2016
- Fixed rare crash when pasting (launcher 3.4.02).
- Fixed crash during file watch initialization for some network shares.
- Fixed crash when clicking
Meshcheckbox when in weights
- Fixed hang typing very large values.
- Fixed crash opening file dialog on some computers.
Import Datanot importing position, rotate, and spacing modes for path constraints and offsets for transform constraints.
- Fixed UI and CLI exports having slightly different data values.
- Dashed lines for stepped keys in the dopesheet, to differentiate between a stepped transition and no value change.
- Added hotkeys for local, parent, and world axes.
- Fixed shear timelines being imported as translate timelines when using
- Slightly zoomed out the default dopesheet zoom level.
- Allow dopesheet to be zoomed in further.
- Made dopesheet zoom slider nonlinear, so zooming out uses more of the slider space.
16 Jul 2016
- Fixed crash when adding a hull vertex to a mesh.
- Fixed crash loading some projects.
- Fixed dragging path constraint position when path bones are scaled.
- Fixed launcher proxy settings (launcher 3.4.01).
13 Jul 2016
- Launcher update required.
- Introduced concept of beta updates which require opt-in. Runtimes may not be available for beta versions.
- Faster app loading.
- Added warning when saving a project from an older version of Spine with a newer version.
- Saving export and texture packer JSON settings now uses JSON instead of "minimal JSON".
- Better path checking for CLI export and texture packing.
- Fixed CLI export for paths.
- Fixed CLI texture packing warning about no images being packed.
--nameCLI parameter for specifying the name of a texture atlas.
- Fixed crash creating path in a slot already containing a path.
- Path handles have selection priority over knots, so they can be selected when under a knot.
- Fixed using
Newtool on a closed path where it would show as closed when it was not.
- Fixed color key button being yellow when a key is set.
- Fixed triangulation when the triangles are very small.
- Dropping an image file on an attachment now renames the attachment (or sets its path).
- Fixed crash deleting a skeleton when selection group exists for dopesheet keys.
- Fixed crash with undo after creating a bounding box.
- Attachments are now shown when hovered in tree.
- Paths and bounding boxes that are selected are drawn on top of bones.
- Meshes, paths, and bounding boxes can be edited when not the visible attachment for their slot.
- Fixed mesh outline lines not being drawn on hover of unselected mesh.
- Fixed CLI exports not having width and height (requires saving project with 3.4.00+ first).
- Fixed pasting deform keys to a linked mesh with inherit deform disabled.
- Fixed undo state sometimes showing as there is something to undo.
Edit Meshmode when clicking outside of bounds.
- Fixed a weighted path not being deformed when its bones are controlled by IK.
- Fixed tab in textbox entering a character.
- Added number of keys to
- Fixed path color not saving.
pack.jsonfiles for the Spine texture packer.
- The texture packer now uses a minimum size of 1 pixel when scaling images down.
- Fixed mesh weights when adding new vertices.
- Fixed path icon color in dopesheet.
- Fixed path deform keys not being applied when hiding
- Fixed crashing using the
Find and Replacewhen using the
27 Jun 2016
- Fixed creating new paths.
24 Jun 2016
Weightsview highlights bones which have weights for the selected vertices and shows their percentages.
- Added handle on paths to adjust path constraint positions.
- Path constraints take the color of the first bone, or the path color if the bone color is the default.
- Fixed ghosting before frames showing incorrect frame with anchor enabled.
- Changed playback speed slider to a percentage.
- Fewer clicks to enable/change/disable tree and dopesheet filters.
Metricsview with the number of deform vertices for the current animation.
- Right click bone in
Weightsview to select that bone.
- Selected paths are drawn above bones.
- Fixed path length computation.
Metricsview no longer counts attachments with
- Fixed vsync on OS X.
- Fixed ghosting crash with certain combination of deform and attachment visibility keys.
- Faster image loading.
- Toast messages when images can't be read or memory is exhausted.
Createtool when clicking to select a bone.
- Fixed crash duplicating a linked mesh when there is another attachment with the same name in a different skin.
- Fixed scrollbar outlines on
Find and Replacedialog.
- Auto collapse/expand offset section in tree properties when going to/from animate mode.
Weightsdialog to remove weights under a threshold.
Metricsview numbers from shaking the layout when changing rapidly.
Metricsview shows vertex transforms for selected paths.
- Fixed undo after checking or unchecking
Closedfor a path.
17 Jun 2016
- Features that remove weights (eg, mesh reset, generate) also remove any deform keys.
- Fixed rare failure to open 3.1.xx projects with linked meshes.
- Fixed loading projects with transform constraints.
- Fixed numbers being entered backward when typing transform values.
- Fixed scroll and mousewheel for numeric transform text boxes.
- Fixed display of local axes values when multiple bones are selected.
15 Jun 2016
- Fixed crash creating a new transform constraint without selecting bones.
15 Jun 2016
- Fixed crash in
- Fixed startup error.
15 Jun 2016
- Added paths (cubic splines) that are keyable and weightable.
- Added path constraints so a bone can follow a path.
- Bounding boxes are now keyable and weightable.
- Bounding boxes now have a color.
- IK and transform constraints now appear under the target bone in the tree.
- Added constraints to tree filter.
- Constraints can now be created by clicking
New...on a bone's properties in the tree.
- Can drag/drop or copy/paste to copy transforms for bounding boxes and paths.
- Fixed root bone translation not following parent or world axes.
- Changed automatic backup file names to include the Spine version number.
- Icons for clickable bone labels.
Matchbutton for transform constraints to set the offset values to match the bone's current transform.
- Fixed vertices in selection groups sometimes not working after a project reload.
- Selection group internals have changed, selection groups in older projects have been cleared (sorry).
- Fixed position of self intersecting bounding boxes.
- Local shear is disabled on IK parent bones. The math is insurmountable. Local nonuniform scale is fine and it can still inherit nonuniform scale and shear.
- Fixed exiting edit bounding box mode without creating vertices.
Select bonesbutton now also selects the bones in the tree.
- Fixed single bone IK with nonuniform scale.
- Fixed automatic backups being created even when disabled.
Import Projectare now available in the trial.
- Faster image export when loading many different images.
- Fixed exporting multiple skins not loading the images correctly.
- Fixed mesh, bounding box, and path tool origin from jumping after manipulation and undo/redo.
- Increased zoom in amount.
Weightsview doesn't lose selected bones when undo/redo is used.
- Added a
Set Parentbutton when multiple images are selected.
- Higher contrast for selected dopesheet bones.
Posetool translation no longer loses the current selection.
- Fixed horizontal scrollbar scaling in lists.
- Fixed file dialog on OS X, no longer shows full path as file name.
- Slightly smaller project file size.
- Fixed a number of hotkeys when a non-English language is used.
- Tool and bone selection colors aren't drawn when using color dialog.
- Added bone transforms to
- Fixed IK mix from rotating the wrong direction in some cases.
- Can now paste keys from one IK/transform/path constraint to another.
- Fixed transform constraints showing as edited but not keyed (yellow).
- Click + drag on multiple visibility dots now uses a single undo/redo step.
Eventsnode visibility when there are multiple skeletons and when duplicating a skeleton.
- Hovering over a bone or slot label highlights it in both the viewport and tree.
- Attachments and bones can now be selected via the tree even if hidden or selection is disabled by the
Optionspanel on the main toolbar.
- Fixed tree not scrolling to correct location in some situations.
- Fixed color chooser slightly changing some color values.
- Increased time to show image preview for region and mesh attachments versus image files.
- Improved constraint icons and colors.
- Improved tree selection when shift and/or ctrl are held.
- Tree expands and scrolls to selection when filters change.
- Enforced inherit rotation and scale for IK constrained bones.
- Entering mesh/bounding box edit mode no longer shows images/others.
- Constraint bone/slot/attachment labels truncate long names in tree properties.
- When changing attachment visibility, if the previously visible attachment was selected in the tree, the newly visible attachment is selected.
- Fixed select box list display location.
- Fixed FPS label color.
- Dopesheet now highlights rotate, translate, scale, or shear timelines depending on which tool is selected.
- Darker triangles lines in mesh edit mode.
- Bones are only shown with weight colors when the
Weightstool is active.
Createtool mouse cursor icon disappearing after deselection.
- Transform constraints can now constrain multiple bones.
- Arrow keys can translate in mesh edit mode.
- Arrow keys work when vertices are selected with the
- Hold shift with the
Createtool when creating a new bone to keep the parent bone selected, to more easily create many siblings.
- Bone and image compensation buttons are now highlighted when compensation is applied.
- When no bones are selected, the
Createtool selects the root bone if the project contains only one skeleton.
- Better relative path calculation, preventing
../back to the drive root.
Set Parentworks for multiple slots or bones.
- Numeric transform entry is applied as you type.
- Prevented double clicking launcher buttons.
- Better horizontally tree scrolling when viewport objects are selected.
28 Apr 2016
- Fixed transform constraint rotation offset in JSON.
- Fixed attachment timeline hide key color.
- Selecting transform constraint in the tree now selects the target bone, not the constrained bone.
26 Apr 2016
- Added a new tool:
Shear. This enables skewing a bone and it's children without needing to scale a parent bone nonuniformly.
- Added rotate, scale, and shear mixes to transform constraints.
- Transform constraint mixes are now keyable.
- Added rotate, translate, scale, and shear Y offsets to transform constraints.
Posetool can now perform translation by dragging a bone's origin.
- The bone that will be edited by the
Posetool is more clearly indicated.
- Binary and JSON formats have been updated. spine-libgdx is the only runtime up to date at this time.
- Bone, slot, and attachment buttons at the top of the tree have returned as shortcuts for setting the tree filters.
- Fixed filter list sometimes not appearing the first time.
- Filter buttons are now blue when active.
- Added influence arrows in the editor area on IK and transform constraint tree mouse over.
- Fixed numeric transform values flashing when scrolled or dragged.
- Numeric transform value text entry can start with
/to perform math operations on the previous value. Use
+-xxfor subtraction. Also works for bone length, current frame, and loop start/end.
- Loop start/end is now allowed between frames.
Tabnow focuses rotation numeric text entry.
- Fixed key button icon distortion with small fonts.
- Cleaner key button images.
-fCLI parameters to force the update file download (launcher v3.0.15).
- Fixed texture packing being skipped when run from the command line.
- Reset automatic backup timer when a project is opened or saved.
- Fixed crash hovering over tree items in rare situations.
- Fixed project size after deleting a skeleton that is in a selection group.
21 Apr 2016
- More accurate bone rendering and IK constraints.
- Fixed CLI export.
20 Apr 2016
- Fixed not being able to create a bounding box directly on a skin placeholder.
- Better dopesheet key line selection color.
- New expand/collapse buttons.
- The dopesheet no longer forgets locked items when the animation is changed.
- Added a filter button for the dopesheet to filter by timeline type
- Changed tree filter buttons to a single filter button.
- Fixed losing mesh selection in editor area when clicking FFD keys.
- Right click in
Find and Replacedialog of filter popups to toggle items (like holding control).
Playbackview, can be sized less wide.
Deformedis now checked by default on the mesh
- Fixed crash deleting an empty skin placeholder.
- Thick outlines for event name labels (above skeleton).
- Fixed dopesheet key lines sometimes not rendering correctly.
- Shadow for left edge of dopesheet keys.
- Collapse/expand above the tree can be right clicked to collapse or expand all. Double click still works.
- The button for moving the main toolbar can be right clicked to reset it's position to the center. Double click still works.
- Fixed dropping an image on an attachment that is under a skin placeholder.
16 Apr 2016
Keyboard layoutto settings dialog on Mac. This causes the hotkeys.txt files to use the key names for the specified keyboard layout.
- Messages saying linked meshes were moved only show when they were actually moved.
- Fixed toasts position with large font sizes.
- Toasts now have a background to improve readability.
- Inherited FFD timelines now show in the dopesheet even if the source mesh is in another skin.
- Fixed deleting a skin placeholder orphaning an attachment until the next time the project is loaded.
- Clicking FFD timeline title in the dopesheet prefers to select a linked mesh, if visible.
- Selecting a linked mesh highlights the parent mesh FFD timeline in the dopesheet.
- New "source mesh" icon for a mesh which has linked meshes.
- Toasts can no longer go off screen.
- Miscellaneous UI polish.
New projectcheckbox on
Import datadialog. Reduces confusion over the empty skeleton created with a new project.
8 Apr 2016
- Fixed running on some versions of Windows XP.
- Allow tree selection to select objects in the editor area, even when select for that type of object is disabled.
ctrl+shift+Lno longer keys events, since the idea is that it keys a "pose".
- Main toolbar text labels are hidden when the view is too small.
- Setting to for main toolbar text labels: auto, show, hide.
- Setting for docking main toolbar: left, center, right.
- Binary format improved. spine-libgdx has been updated with the changes and the format is now fully documented.
1 Apr 2016
- Fixed IME input.
- Fixed Chinese text wrapping.
- Better mouse wheel scrolling in tree.
- Better word selection for non-English languages.
- Fixed loading linked meshes from JSON/binary when the source mesh is in a skin.
28 Mar 2016
- Added a new language: Portuguese.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed crash creating new bounding boxes.
- Fixed crash duplicating a skin that contains a linked mesh under a skin placeholder.
- Fixed selecting scale X and Y text on focus when pressing tab.
6 Mar 2016
- The background when a dialog is open is now darker.
- Fixed blurry edges in the color picker.
- Improvements to most non-English languages.
- Added a new language: German.
3 Mar 2016
- Fixed crash exporting certain linked meshes.
3 Mar 2016
- When an attachment image changes size, the UVs are automatically adjusted so the previous image contents don't change size. The adjusted UVs are now centered, so if whitespace is added equally to all sides, the mesh UVs remain correct. Also, this adjustment now uses the undo stack so it can be avoided if needed.
- Increased text input width next to number sliders.
- Headless command line export reads image sizes from image files, if available.
Clear pathcheckbox to rename attachment dialog.
Rename attachmentcheckbox on rename slot dialog now remembers last checked state.
- FFD keys can now be copy/pasted to another mesh, as long as it has the same number of vertices.
Linked Meshattachments, which allow a mesh and FFD in animations to be reused with different images.
- Fixed bones losing inherit rotation/scale setting when duplicated.
Duplicatebutton now works for attachments under a skin placeholder.
- Fixed graph labels drawing out of bounds.
- Added more languages. Japanese, French, and Russian are complete. Korean is mostly complete. Chinese and Spanish are partially complete but will be finished soon.
- Performance improvements for tens of thousands of attachments.
- Fixed Metrics view to not count attachments from skins as visible.
- Fixed updating FFD in animations when a vertex is deleted.
- Attachments can now be drag and dropped to a slot which already has an attachment with that name. The dropped attachment is renamed.
- Changed order of data in binary format, you will need to export your projects again.
- Fixed incorrect 0,0 at start of bounding box vertices.
- Fixed incorrect bounding box vertices for the binary format.
- Fixed UVs being corrupted when importing a project that was exported without essential data.
27 Feb 2016
- Fixed crash when opening settings dialog for some OS languages.
27 Feb 2016
- Fixed exporting videos from the command line.
- Bounding box vertices can now be selected by holding
cmdon Max), like mesh vertices.
- Fixed importing bounding boxes from data (previously they could not be selected).
- Changed position of icons that follow the mouse cursor.
- When an IK target bone is selected, the IK constraint is selected in the tree only for a zero length bone and when all other selected bones are also IK targets.
- Language defaults to the OS language.
- Exposed UI scale feature in Settings dialog (good for 4K screens).
- Changed bone sorting so transform behavior is consistent when IK and transform constraints are mixed.
- Fixed crash pasting newlines into a text field.
- Fixed importing a project being corrupted in setup mode.
- Fixed messages containing %1.
- Fixed number of bounding box vertices for CLI exports.
21 Feb 2016
- Fixed ghosting slider and color button sizes.
- Fixed slot color button size.
- Fixed Settings dialog blurriness.
- Fixed Pose tool when bones are scaled negatively.
- Added a UI language setting.
- Translated UI to Croatian.
18 Feb 2016
- Transform constraints are now exported (requires binary exports to be exported again).
- Skeleton Viewer updated.
- Syncing music playback with animating in Spine is now possible.
13 Feb 2016
- Fixed crash when moving bones in a way that invalidates an IK constraint.
- Fixed Unicode and CJK font scaling when UI scale is != 1 (eg for 4K screens).
- Fixed single bone IK when scale is negative.
10 Feb 2016
- Draw order up/down hotkeys now set a key if
Auto Keyis on.
- Fixed crash when a name has a very large number suffix.
- Changed atlas file charset from OS default to UTF-8.
- Windows launcher updated to 3.0.06, fixes failure to run on some OS configurations.
21 Jan 2016
- Fixed Spine Essential crash.
21 Jan 2016
- Fixed crash by auto save when project hasn't been saved yet.
- When preferences are reset, many backups of hotkeys.txt are now saved instead of just one.
16 Jan 2016
- Fixed attachment timelines in the dopesheet not refreshing when a slot is reparented.
- Hiding a bone hides the dopesheet timelines for that bone when the dopesheet is not locked.
- Current dopesheet frame shows one decimal place when off integer frames.
- Backups now differentiate between manual and automatic project saves.
16 Jan 2016
- Fixed Windows alt+tab being disabled when maximized and taskbar is hidden.
- Fixed inherit scale and rotation not being imported with
- Fixed attachments with a path set not being packed into an atlas.
- Fixed layout on texture packer settings dialog.
updatecommand line parameter for starting Spine using a specific update version.
- When run from the command line, updates can be downloaded.
- JSON and binary data export and texture packing now work on headless machines.
- Fixed Spine process sometimes not exiting when using
-vat the command line or after a crash.
- Fixed select box when creating a constraint and pressing escape.
- Creating a mesh from a region now preserves the region color.
14 Jan 2016
- Fixed setup pose appearing at animation start and when timeline is scrubbed backward.
14 Jan 2016
- Fixed inherit scale and rotation missing from exports.
10 Jan 2016
- New skewing scale.
- IK constraints rewritten to support skew (a huge undertaking!).
- IK constraints no longer support other bones between the parent and child bones.
- IK bones can now be rotated if the IK constraint mix is < 1.
- Removed restriction on translating and scaling bones controlled by an IK constraint.
- Removed flip (use negative scale).
- Added transform constraints (translation only, for now).
- New, larger default font.
- Font support for most languages (Latin, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc).
- Multiple font sizes: small, medium, large, extra large.
- UI scaling for fonts smaller and larger than the default.
- Choose default font size based on OS DPI.
- High DPI awareness for the launcher.
- Tree icon denotes if a bone is controlled by a constraint.
- Fixed slowdown after deleting images directory outside of Spine.
- Fixed crash (race condition) when deleting images directory outside of Spine.
- Improved speed that images are refreshed.
- Fixed lag with mice that have high polling rates on OS X.
- Wording changed for project unsaved changes dialog: "Your project has unsaved changes.
C, escape, spacebar, or enter cancels.
- Better error on Linux when libxrandr is missing.
Outlineview background color.
- Fixed pressing enter in text fields adding a character.
- Fixed ghosting incorrectly showing FFD from current frame.
- Texture packing sorts regions by name for better diffs when regions are added.
- Much smoother scrolling when dragging a scrollbar handle.
- High refresh rate monitor support (editor frame rate setting).
Beforeframes no longer include the current frame.
- Always show dimmed mouse cursor in
- Setting to not show "missing" placeholder images when an image can't be loaded.
- Choosing IK target bone no longer allows clicking images to select the bone (interfered with clicking empty space to create a new target bone).
- Fixed translate compensation for bones with mesh attachments when both image and bone compensation is on.
- Fixed hex numbers from setting alpha in color dialogs with alpha disabled.
Ghostinghotkey which toggles all ghosting on/off.
- Texture packer dialog remembers atlas name in project file.
- Fixed attachment skin placeholder replacement visibility.
- Disallow importing skeleton data with multiple root bones.
- Fixed zoom slider going out of bounds.
- Support to drag-and-drop a region or mesh to another region or mesh to copy the SRT. Copy/paste also works between region/mesh and vice versa.
- Fixed 1 bone IK from mixing in the wrong direction.
- Show selection lines for regions when selected.
- Ghosting is enabled for Spine Essential.
- IK constraints show parent and child bones in tree properties, click to select.
- Fixed texture packing crash when edge padding exceeded max size.
- Fixed crash in outline view when editing a mesh with a bounding box visible.
- Fixed sporadic crashes on OS X.
- Fixed data import allowing slot names with whitespace at the start or end.
- Fixed data import allowing two slots with the same name.
- Fixed slots and attachments having whitespace at the start or end when created via an image file name with whitespace.
shiftin Edit Mesh mode with the
Createtool constrains to the X or Y axis.
- Faster load time.
Createtool now snaps to mesh vertices if the mesh is selected using
- Easier to read name tag rendering.
- Much faster bone and attachment name tag layout and rendering.
- Dopesheet timeline shows frame offset of dragged key.
- Fixed bounds names not showing.
- Attachment outline is now hidden when dragging in
Edit Meshdeformed mode.
- Higher quality LOD when bones are scaled.
- Precision for numerical display of translation changes with the value's magnitude.
Openbutton for Images node tree properties.
- Added IK constraints to
Find and Replacedialog.
- Select bone in tree when slots and attachments are hidden and an attachment is selected.
- Tooltip on key buttons when no animation is selected.
- Fixed typing translation values when multiple meshes are selected.
2 Apr 2015
- Fixed crash attaching image to skin placeholder under some circumstances.
2 Apr 2015
- Added blending modes: normal, additive, multiply, screen.
- Fixed project directory being locked on Windows even when a new project is opened.
- When an attachment is moved under a skin placeholder, animation keys are now updated to use the placeholder.
- When a project is loaded, keys referencing an attachment under a skin placeholder are fixed to reference the placeholder.
- Fixed mouse cursor getting stuck on Linux.
28 Mar 2015
- Fixed backspace not working in text fields.
27 Mar 2015
- Fixed crashes when creating a new project or skeleton.
ctrl+v, and other hotkeys in text fields.
27 Mar 2015
- Fixed leak with font rendering causing entire app to render at a low framerate.
26 Mar 2015
- Less flickering when mouse cursor changes on Windows.
- Mouse cursor changes for OS X.
25 Mar 2015
- Fixed crash rapidly clicking
Refreshon the tree Images node.
- Better log messages when image files could not be read.
- Fixed some issues with image file watching and reloading.
24 Mar 2015
- Fixed ghosting shaders.
- New font rendering subsystem.
24 Mar 2015
editor scalesetting now allows the camera to be zoomed out farther.
- Faster loading of projects with tens of thousands of attachments.
- Added both Win/Linux and Mac hotkeys as an option for hotkey popup.
- Fixed loading projects with bad mesh attachment that is missing triangles.
- Fixed inherit scale when using experimental
11 Mar 2015
- Added graph presets.
Last Toolhotkey (same as right click).
- Added experimental skewing scale.
6 Mar 2015
- Fixed window not redrawing when maximized, fullscreened, or restored.
- Fixed right click not toggling active tool.
- Fixed events on frame zero not firing in Spine and some runtimes.
- Fixed holding right click stopping playback.
5 Mar 2015
- Fixed right click pan from stopping playback.
hotkeys.txtfile now shows Mac key names on Mac (
- Added separate
Pan Move, and
Zoom Movehotkeys. The "move" hotkeys are primarily for using a touchpad/trackpad.
4 Mar 2015
- Disabled inertial scroll for Spine on OS X.
- Fixed incorrect alpha for mouse cursors.
Panhotkeys to work better with the left mouse button.
3 Mar 2015
Slot Colorview for easily changing slot colors.
Zoom to mousesetting, which can be useful to disable when using a touchpad.
- While the
Panhotkey is held, the mouse no longer needs to be pressed to pan, only to be moved.
Zoomhotkey, for zooming without pressing a mouse button.
- Made zoom slider smoother and slightly less sensitive when zoomed way out.
- Attachment outlines are now still drawn when the attachment alpha is zero.
1 Mar 2015
- Fixed crash when adjusting some sliders.
1 Mar 2015
- Improved usable range for zoom sliders.
23 Feb 2015
Metricsview with performance metrics.
- Vertices in exported JSON are now rounded to 5 decimal places (instead of 2 or no rounding).
- Launcher updated for all platforms. Added spineboy hoverboard example project.
22 Feb 2015
- Added the
Timelineview. This allows the dopesheet to take up the full screen height while still being able to access the timeline easily.
- Fixed crash when double clicking
Animationsview when there are no animations.
- Fixed "new animation" icon button in
Animationsview when there are no animations.
- Fixed image file watching when the
Imagespath started with a dot (
- Fixed long exceptions being logged when image files are deleted from the
Backgroundcheckbox not showing the correct state for meshes.
- Fixed overscroll in dopesheet only animating when the mouse moves.
27 Jan 2015
- Fixed crash where images from the wrong skeleton could be selected while creating a new bone with the
- Fixed bounding boxes not being selected when using the
- Fixed auto weights say they could not be computed.
- Auto backup interval is now configurable.
11 Jan 2015
- Fixed FPS font color.
- Fixed exported skeleton size in JSON and binary using current pose instead of setup pose.
- Fixed copy/paste bone pose for bones that don't inherit rotation when
Worldaxes are active.
Auto Keywith copy/paste bone pose.
- Fixed unlocked dopesheet sometimes showing some bones that aren't selected.
- Fixed deleting a mesh or event not removing dopesheet overview keys.
Repeat Last Exporthotkey.
- Fixed launcher for Windows XP (download and reinstall Spine).
- Fixed file dialog hang on Windows XP.
- Hold shift to get confirm dialog when delete confirmation is disabled in the settings dialog.
- Don't change triangle order when not using meshes.
- Fixed tools not fading back to normal when the mouse button is released without moving the mouse.
- Fixed launcher for OS X 10.7 and 10.8 (download and reinstall Spine).
24 Nov 2014
- Fixed deleting an animation overview key would delete all keys at that timeline position, not just the visible keys.
24 Nov 2014
- Fixed graph zooming.
- Don't change timeline position when an overview key is clicked and
cmdon Mac) is down.
- Keys placed between stepped keys now use stepped. This already happened for Bézier.
- Fixed timeline not automatically scrolling when scrubbing.
0.25xbuttons to the
- Fixed MSAA setting for Mac.
- Fixed box selecting region attachments when one is already selected.
- Fixed crash opening project during playback.
Posetool not adjusting bones unless the mouse is moved.
- Fixed 2 year old heisenbug crash when deleting a key!
- Enter in event string value text box sets key.
- Fixed attachment showing as edited when hidden with auto key enabled.
- Fixed meshes not showing as keyed (FFD) right away.
- Fixed exporting an empty skin to binary.
20 Nov 2014
- Fixed using relative project path from the command line.
- Added warning if it is detected quotes were accidentally escaped at the command line.
- Added error for specifying input or output without pack or export at the command line.
18 Nov 2014
- Spine's CPU usage has been greatly reduced.
- spine-js saw many improvements (demo).
- Minor launcher update (2.1.14), all platforms.
- Command line texture packer argument can now take a pack settings JSON file.
12 Nov 2014
- Fixed crash when editing images that Spine is using.
- Fixed crash on start with older Spine launchers.
12 Nov 2014
- Fixed crash while running texture packer.
- Fixed selecting items when keys are clicked and the dopesheet is locked.
- Added timeline position indicator to skeleton viewer.
- Command line export now accepts relative paths (requires launcher update).
10 Nov 2014
- Added Spine and launcher version to settings dialog.
- Image sequence export changed to use underscore before number. Eg instead of
`name1_1.png. This also means indexes can be used when texture packing for easier frame by frame animation using an atlas.
- Fixed bug with command line export input and output paths.
- Fixed atlas extension when saving export settings JSON.
9 Nov 2014
- Completely rewrote command line arguments for export, see docs.
- Added texture packing from command line.
- Spine on Windows can now be pinned to the taskbar and is
javaw.exein Task Manager. To get this, update your launcher (download and reinstall Spine).
- Spine on Mac now works with
Keep in dock. (update your launcher)
- Fixed opening
.spinefiles in Mac. (update your launcher)
Use single instance, renamed it
Reuse instance, wrote better description on settings dialog, and disabled it for Mac (which always reuses).
Set Selectionfor slots when bones are hidden in the tree.
- Clicking an attachment now selects the slot in the tree in animate mode if the selection was empty and bones are hidden in the tree.
6 Nov 2014
- Command line export.
- Fixed ghosting colors changing across Spine updates.
6 Nov 2014
- All export settings remembered across Spine runs, stored in preferences and projects.
- Fixed flip keys when duplicating an animation.
- Fixed crash when scrubbing timeline with draw order keys.
5 Nov 2014
- Image file extension is now allowed for an attachment name/path (solely to reduce confusion).
- Fixed crash when using ghosting with an attachment change that has FFD.
- PNG file sizes greatly reduced when not using the texture packer.
- Fixed show FPS setting.
- Big performance improvements, especially for projects containing many complex skeletons.
- Fixed numeric suffix when duplicating.
- Fixed a bug with how tabbed pane layouts are stored. Unfortunately this will cause Spine preferences to be reset to defaults.
- Fixed export dialog not remember paths.
Dim unselected skeletonssetting.
Parentaxes when translating vertices with multiple meshes selected.
16 Oct 2014
- Changing the size of an image used by a mesh now keeps the UVs the same size. This allows whitespace to be added or removed from a mesh image without requiring the mesh to be recreated.
Weightsview not showing bones during
- Double click animation in
Animationsview to rename.
- Fixed bones having same color.
- Fixed crash double clicking an attachment while holding
11 Oct 2014
- Fixed keying IK constraint bend direction.
- Fixed alpha blending rounding error when exporting images or video.
- Fixed IK showing FK bones during playback even when IK constraints are visible.
9 Oct 2014
Createtool no longer uses
shiftto choose an attachment to move to the new bone. Instead, after selecting the parent bone, attachments to move to the new bone can be selected by holding
- Fixed auto key for bone flip.
Nudgedefault hotkeys swapped. This means customized hotkeys will be reset (sorry!).
- Added "images path" to nonessential export data. This allows the images path to be specified in import data.
- Fixed browse button not opening in the correct directory.
- Better computation of relative paths for images path.
- Fixed image preview in tree for certain image size.
- Added checkbox when deleting skin placeholders to keep the currently visible attachment.
- Fixed dopesheet rounded corners.
- Fixed crash when the dopesheet is locked and the items in it change while dragging the mouse.
- Fixed loading projects with attachment timelines referencing a deleted slot.
- Fixed storing the minimized views across Spine versions.
- Fixed flip keys causing auto key to incorrectly create keys when changing the timeline position.
5 Oct 2014
- Changed attachment
Pathto show the attachment name when not set.
4 Oct 2014
- "draworder" -> "drawOrder" in JSON format. Official runtimes updated and fall back to "draworder" so existing JSON isn't broken.
- Changed flip timelines to be per bone. Any bone can be flipped, which uses the world axes.
3 Oct 2014
- Keyable skeleton flip (see skeleton tree properties).
- Fixed click + dragging on tree visibility dots.
- Fixed undo after changing skin visibility.
- Multiple events triggered the same frame no longer overlap.
- Faster JSON export.
- Fixed exporting skeleton with IK using Essential.
- Fixed binary format when there is no default skin.
- Fixed binary export IK constraint order.
- Fixed all bones dimming when mesh is has no bounds bones.
30 Sep 2014
- Fixed crash dragging bones in
- Fixed atlas file naming when running texture packer separately from data export.
- Fixed hang when playing an animation with <= 1 keys.
- Fixed the last frame showing the first frame when repeat is on.
- Fixed opening very old goblins project.
27 Sep 2014
- Fixed export with ".atlas.txt" atlas file extension.
27 Sep 2014
- Fixed event indicator being triggered at the wrong time.
- Fixed playback repeat.
- Fixed dopesheet auto scroll to use integer frames unless shift is held.
- Playback repeat now stored across runs.
26 Sep 2014
- Paths remembered in a project are no longer choosen as defaults if they don't exist.
Data Importwhen no Spine version is in the data.
- Added event indicators above the skeleton.
- Better wrapping when dragging past end of animation or looped frames.
Auto Keynow saved across app runs.
26 Sep 2014
- Fixed crash setting path on new project.
- Disable scaling for bones that have a setup scale of zero.
26 Sep 2014
- Fixed setting path on Images node using Browse button.
- Fixed exporting skeleton names that contain dot.
- Data import adjusts for old way of storing scale keys.
26 Sep 2014
- Fixed Spine prompting for activation code again on OS X and Linux. This requires the Spine launcher to be downloaded again.
- Fixed export path being stored incorrectly.
24 Sep 2014
- Fixed removing bound bones in the Weights view.
24 Sep 2014
- Fixed title bar being off slightly on OS X.
- Fixed being unable to use
- Fixed undo for Weights view.
Weightstool adjustment depending on zoom level.
- Fixed crash selecting a bounding box when the Weights view is open.
24 Sep 2014
- New view layout system! Drag and drop views into tabbed panes.
- Fixed scale to be multiplicative. This affects all runtimes.
- Updated UI elements.
- More precise mouse wheel zooming.
- Always output entry for default skin, even if empty.
- Fixed image page size output by the texture packer.
- Fixed image compensation for numeric entry of translate Y.
- Fixed dopesheet horizontal scroll bar jumping to the beginning while dragging keys and from appearing when the window is resized.
- Fixed banding in background gradient.
- Don't show transparency squares for background color.
- New hotkeys for creating skins, animations, IK, events.
- Added setting for disabling tooltips. F1 still shows them.
- Improved bone rendering.
- New interface animations.
- Setting to disable interface animations.
- Faster dialog fade in/out.
- Remember last location of dialogs (mostly for multiple monitors).
Animationsview for easier animation selection.
Previous Animationhotkeys, MRU order.
- Fixed stuck translate cursor for mesh tools.
- Increased weight dialog max height to 10 bound bones.
Expand/Collapsehotkey for the tree.
- Fixed crash bug removing bound bones from a mesh.
- Horizontal dopesheet scrollbar uses smooth scrolling and is easier to click.
- Store project in recent projects when using
- Fixed launcher for Education licenses to use shared storage again.
- Updates LayersToPNG.jsx export script for Photoshop.
- Added Gimp export script.
- Default texture packer settings no longer strip whitespace.
- Opening projects zooms to fit if the saved camera position puts the skeletons outside of the view.
- Tree filter buttons for bones, slots, attachments expand to the previously selected nodes.
- Parent visualization for
- Fixed crash bug when a bone somehow gets a draw order key.
- Fixed texture packer not deleting previously exported atlas files before outputting new files when using multiple atlas scales.
- Choosing an image path via the browse dialog is now relative for up to 3 common parents (
../../../). Can still type in any relative path.
- Warning message for why an attachment cannot be selected when it is attached to a bone that is controlled by an IK constraint which is not visible.
- Fixed tinting being incorrect in rare circumstances.
- Smaller scrollbar handles at small sizes.
Weightstool dialog converted to a view.
- Fixed non-interpolated playback.
- Double click to deselect no longer shows usage message for
- Fixed IK constraint bend direction keys.
- Fixed auto scrolling the tree when dragging a tree item above or below the tree.
30 Aug 2014
- Fixed IK/FK mixing.
- Fixed JSON export losing non-ASCII (eg Chinese) characters.
- Expand new and imported skeletons in the tree to reduce confusion.
28 Aug 2014
- Added automatic internal mesh point generation.
- Fixed order of data in exports being inconsistent.
- Auto weights takes less time for meshes with hundreds or thousands of vertices.
- Dragging during bounding box set points no longer translates all points.
- Disabled reset for skinned meshes.
- Fixed numeric scale entry for meshes.
- Fixed showing attachments that should be hidden in animate mode when no animations are visible.
- Fixed crash from changing bone hierarchy so an IK constraint is no longer valid (the constraint is now deleted).
- Fixed crash duplicating animations that have IK constraint keys.
- Fixed opening projects that have broken animations from duplicating animations that have IK constraint keys.
- Fixed rare crash deleting a skin.
- Project import and data import now works correctly with IK constraints.
- Fixed IK constraints not being exported when the skeleton has no slots.
- Finished IK constraints in JSON export.
- Added IK constraints to binary export.
- Finished loading IK constraints for spine-libgdx, JSON and binary.
- Fixed IK constraint bend direction changing when selecting multiple constraints in animate mode.
4 Aug 2014
- Added automatic skinning weight computation!
- More colors for skinning weights and new color order.
- Enabled key offset, shift and adjust for ESS.
- Fixed dopesheet keys turning a dark color.
31 Jul 2014
- Fixed alpha in image and video exports.
- Fixed export dialog being too small to reach browser button.
30 Jul 2014
- New credits dialog with credits for the second Kickstarter.
- Fixed crash with Pose tool and bones controlled by an IK constraint.
- Fixed crash dragging attachment to skin placeholder in different skeleton.
- Wider dialog text boxes.
- Warning on rename attachment dialog if attachment has path.
- Fixed backup button in settings dialog.
- Fixed bounding boxes for Essential.
- Fixed ALT and F10 keys on Windows, no longer cause a hang.
28 Jul 2014
- Fixed key curves.
28 Jul 2014
- Fixed stepped curves.
27 Jul 2014
- Fixed undo when using
New... Skin Placeholder.
New... Skin Placeholderon a single attachment to use the same name as the attachment.
New... Skin Placeholderon a skin placeholder.
- F12 now opens the settings dialog.
- The settings dialog has been completely redone and many new settings added.
26 Jul 2014
Auto Keyfor Spine Essential.
- Fixed importing from another project when an attachment has changed from a region to mesh.
- Fixed loading a project with invalid IK constraints to due a bug in a previous version when a bone was deleted.
- Wider rename text box.
- Copy/paste of bone and region attachment SRT now works in the tree, not just the editor area.
- Image size now shown in tree image preview hover.
- Tree image preview hover now shown for meshes.
Instant Tooltips(F1) now works for tree image preview hover.
- The key icon in the tree now works for all selected items.
- Fixed yellow keys showing during playback when turning off
Interpolatedin the playback dialog.
- Fixed undo when changing IK constraint mix.
- Names are now shown for hovered bones during set parent, bind bone for weights, etc.
Key Adjustwhen translating or scaling a mesh.
24 Jul 2014
- Fixed scaling.
23 Jul 2014
- Added Spine version, hash, and setup pose width, height to exported JSON and binary data.
- IK data is now exported.
22 Jul 2014
- Fixed not being able to select event keys.
- Fixed crash deleting keys when event keys exist.
- Fixed toggling visibility dot for multiple attachments under the same slot.
- Right click visibility dot now uses a single undo step.
- Recent files shows parent directories as needed to make items unique.
- Added support for single bone IK.
22 Jul 2014
- Fixed compensation.
- Fixed crash selecting empty skin placeholder.
21 Jul 2014
- Redesigned IK constraints for better editing of the FK, mix and IK poses.
- IK keys are now shown under the target bone in the dopesheet.
- When choosing an IK target, clicking empty space creates a new bone.
- Added button to jump to an IK constraint's target bone in the tree.
- Fixed IK target bone icon rotation.
- Fixed tooltip over IK constraint mix slider.
- Better validation when a project is loaded to avoid crashing Spine if there is an issue.
- Added tween lines between IK keys.
- Pose tool now works on a single zero length bone.
- Hold shift with Pose tool to adjust more slowly.
- Key icon in tree instead of dot.
New...select box for attachments that can create a new skin placeholder and move the attachment under it, to the currently visible skin.
- Fixed showing incorrect rotation after setting it numerically.
- When there are multiple skeletons in a project and no editor selection, the dopesheet now uses the tree selection to determine which keys are shown.
- When duplicating a bone, skinning for duplicated meshes now use the duplicated bones.
- Fixed crash duplicating a bone.
- Fixed window and taskbar icons on Windows.
13 Jul 2014
- Fixed trial being unable to move IK constraints.
15 Jun 2014
- Fixed deleting IK constraint with keys.
- Allow changing FK pose when IK constraint mix is 0 and ik constraint is hidden.
- Fixed bone compensation.
15 Jun 2014
- Added IK constraints with FK/IK mixing!
- Checkbox to turn off
- Fixed zero length bone icons in tree.
- Adjusted bone scale and zero length bone size.
- Fixed duplicate bone not moving slots to the new bone.
11 Jun 2014
- Weights for new mesh points are now calculated weights use neighboring vertex weights.
- When a bone is duplicated, any skinned meshes on the new bone are influenced by the new bone.
- Backspace is now mapped to the "Delete" action for keyboards without a delete key.
- Fixed image compensation for skinned meshes in animate mode.
- Fixed problem creating mesh when far from 0,0.
- Adjusted bone size setting to go smaller for pixel art.
- Changed selection of very small zero length bones to be more friendly for pixel art.
- Fixed occasional crash when box selecting with the
29 May 2014
- Fixed errors exporting projects with FFD.
25 May 2014
- Fixed crash on animation duplicate.
24 May 2014
- Fixed losing FFD keys on project load.
24 May 2014
- Fixed deleting an attachment deleting keys in animations.
- Improved control for the
23 May 2014
- Improved mesh
Resetto make a best effort to keep the current mesh orientation.
- Updated launcher with longer timeouts on first try, and no timeouts for subsequent tries. This allows updates even for very slow connections.
- Better missing/loading images.
- Pan mouse cursor.
- Fixed deleting a skin placeholder containing a mesh with FFD keys.
- Attachment names are no longer trimmed.
- Fixed outputting zeros for FFD vertices in JSON format at start/end of array.
15 May 2014
- Fixed lack of precision in JSON for skinned meshes.
13 May 2014
- Fixed crash putting an attachment under a skin placeholder.
- Fixed converting attachment to a mesh before the attachment is ever shown.
- Fixed showing edited (yellow) FFD key for a mesh that isn't visible.
11 May 2014
Import Datausing the wrong bones for animations in some cases.
- Hull length is always exported (this breaks binary format, you will need to export again).
- Fixed keying a skin placeholder that does not contain an attachment.
- Fixed draw order visibility dot affected export.
7 May 2014
- Implemented a way to use
Import Datafor meshes even when nonessential was not checked on export. All internal edges are lost and the hull edges may be computed incorrectly, but at least the mesh vertices, FFD in all animations, etc are kept intact.
6 May 2014
- Scale for
Import Data, gives a way to change the size of assets used for a skeleton in Spine.
- Fixed crash with
Import Dataand meshes.
heightfor each page in the libgdx atlas format. This allows UVs to be computed when loading the page images is deferred. Runtimes need to be updated to read the width and height.
- Nonessential import is checked by default for JSON.
Import Datano longer fails when importing a mesh that was exported with nonessential unchecked. Meshes are not imported and a warning is shown, but at least the rest of the data is imported.
Import Datauses directory containing JSON for the images directory.
28 Apr 2014
Weightstool disabled icon for ESS.
- Fixed problem with
Import Dataand meshes.
- Fixed rare crash switching tools.
- Allow exporting empty skins.
22 Apr 2014
- Auto key is now applied during manipulation rather than when mouse is released, which is better for ghosting.
- Select, lock, refresh buttons for ghosting, similar to the dopesheet.
- Warning when exporting a skin with no attachments.
- Fixed undo when creating a new skin not showing the last visible skin.
- Fixed closing the
Skinning Weightsdialog during
- Multi-edit for slot additive checkbox.
- Fixed image compenstation with meshes.
22 Apr 2014
- Fixed crash in some cases moving a mesh to a skin attachment.
- Fixed crash box selecting meshes with the weight tool.
- Fixed meshes with FFD being exported wrong when in animate mode.
- Texture packer only uses a subdirectory if more than one scale is specified.
- Fixed Create tool being active in animate mode.
- Hide tooltips shown first time Spine starts after 30 seconds.
- Fixed auto key making text boxes lose their selection when tabbed.
- Fixed holding ctrl/cmd and clicking bones only selecting the first one.
- Fixed mesh reset in both setup and animate modes.
Selectedcheckbox to Skinning Weights dialog to better control overlay colors.
- Fixed dragging with the
Weightstool causing a tool switch.
- Added warning when pasting bone or image SRT with the parent axis selected.
16 Apr 2014
- Added tooltip message when dragging an attachment to a skin placeholder with no skin visible.
- Fixed path being set when images are dragged into editor area.
16 Apr 2014
- Left drag + alt no longer pans, as it conflicted with the Create tool and dopesheet hotkeys.
Panhotkey is added,
Jby default. Left drag + this key pans. Couldn't make the key pan without left click for technical reasons. Left drag + this key + ctrl zooms.
- Fixed duplicating a skeleton containing a skinned mesh.
- Fixed binding a mesh to a bone when the project has multiple skeletons.
- Mesh triangles are ordered using skinning weights. A triangle belongs to the bone influencing it most. This gives predictable behavior when a skinned mesh overlaps itself. Behavior of a non-skinned mesh that overlaps itself remains undefined.
- Bones can be dragged to reorder in the Skinning Weights dialog to control which triangles are on top.
7 Apr 2014
- Fixed disabled weight tool icon for ESS.
- Pan = right drag OR left drag + alt.
- Zoom = mouse wheel OR right drag + ctrl OR left drag + alt + ctrl.
- Fixed bounds when exporting image or video with meshes.
- Fixed ghosting with meshes.
7 Apr 2014
- Fixed ctrl+click with pose tool to add to selection.
- Fixed crash switching to animate mode with older project containing meshes.
5 Apr 2014
- Hotkey for stop.
- Fix projects on load that have a mesh timeline for the wrong slot (a bug in an older Spine version when a mesh was reparented).
- Fixed duplicating a skeleton containing a mesh. Projects containing meshes with this issue are fixed on load by removing the problematic duplicated meshes.
- Toast message when a project was loaded with warnings. This means the project had to be adjusted on load, see the spine.log file for more info.
- Fixed playback stopping between integer frames, timeline snaps to integer frame but the skeletons were not updated.
- Fixed bounding boxes not transforming with the bones during playback.
2 Apr 2014
- Fixed taskbar icon on Windows.
- Fixed trial on OS X.
2 Apr 2014
- Smooth skinning with vertex weights!
- Disallow selection of object types that would change the tool (eg can't select a region attachment with the Pose tool).
- Disallow selection of hidden bone via clicking an attachment.
- Create, Pose and pick tools (eg Set Parent) allow bones to be selected via clicking an attachment.
- With Create tool, ctrl + click selects new bone.
- Clicking Edit Mesh checks Show Images.
- Clicking Edit Points checks Show Bounds.
- Fixed crash when creating new bounding box, then exiting Set Points mode without creating points.
- Allow Edit Points for bounding boxes in animate mode. The bounding boxes cannot be keyed, but this makes it much easier to create bounding boxes for animation poses.
- Automatic backups every 15 minutes.
- Bones drawn on top of bounding boxes.
- Fixed buttons not showing hover state after click.
- Fixed buttons not showing down state when click happens within one frame.
- Fixed getting in Edit Mesh mode without the dialog showing.
- Fixed crash from clicking Loop Start/End.
- Fixed inverted mouse movement when dragging an image from the tree.
- Fixed dopesheet box select drag with ctrl + shift to copy did not snap correctly after shift is released.
- Changed scaling a box selection so all keys snap to frames unless shift is held (shift always prevents snapping when moving keys).
- When images can't be selected, selecting an image only selects the bone if there is no selection.
- Fixed texture packing with and without scales/suffixes.
- New bones inherit parent bone color.
- Fixed bone color when importing from a project or data file.
- New mouse cursor icons.
21 Mar 2014
- Fixed crash when deleting point in mesh.
- General mesh stability improved.
- Fixed bounding box edge colors.
- Added copy/paste for region attachment transforms.
- More intelligent numeric suffix when creating an object with an existing name (eg duplicating).
18 Mar 2014
- Fixed dopesheet key shift when dragging an overview key for the whole animation.
- Texture packing now has an optional suffix for each scale.
- Fixed setup pose attachments in exported data using the attachments from the animate mode pose in Spine at export time.
- Exporting no longer loses the animate mode pose.
- Adjusted bone selection distances, especially for Create tool.
- Fixed undo after Create tool + shift.
- Added "atlas extension" field to texture packing settings (Unity users can use ".atlas.txt" and never have to do the rename again).
- Fixed spine-unity and spine-tk2d to create assets in the current folder.
- Fixed linear filtering always being applied to meshes.
16 Mar 2014
- Orphaned events are cleaned up when a project is loaded.
16 Mar 2014
- Fixed name uniqueness requirement adding an attachment under a skin placeholder.
- Fullscreen titlebar button for Mac.
- Fixed occasional crash creating bounding box.
- Fixed numeric suffix when duplicating slots and attachments.
- Find and replace, shows results for empty replace with when doing a name match.
- Added overwrite confirmation to "save project as".
- Fixed setting mesh rotation via numeric input.
- Fixed numeric SRT values when multiple meshes are selected.
- Fixed numeric rotation value for world axis.
- Fixed mesh reset in setup mode so mesh doesn't move.
- Fixed data export for meshes in skins.
11 Mar 2014
- Fixed crash creating a new slot.
- Updated OpenGL backend. Spine now requires OpenGL 2.0 or higher with the FBO extension. Unless your computer is ~15 years old, you should have this.
- New slots from dragging an attachment go in the draw order under the slot the attachment is coming from.
- Fixed bone navigation hotkeys for bones hidden in either the editor area or tree.
- Old hotkeys now work on all tree nodes (ctrl+shift+arrows): parent, child, next sibling, previous sibling.
- New hotkeys (ctrl+arrows): parent bone, child bone, next sibling bone, previous sibling bone.
- Fixed crash changing parent of slot containing a mesh with FFD keys.
- Fixed errors in projects on load where an attachment is in the dopesheet under the wrong bone.
- Fixed crash dragging multiple meshes to a bone.
- Fixed crash changing to animate mode while mesh is selected that isn't shown in animate mode.
- Fixed moving mesh with FFD keys to a bone with no keys.
- Opening animate mode will scroll tree to keep selection in view.
- Fixed crash with edit mesh -> reset points -> remove keys.
- Fixed occasional crash dragging in the tree.
- Fixed square texture packing.
- Texture packing outputs subdirectories for scaling and the first image no longer has "-1".
- Bone colors are used on mouse over when bones are hidden.
- Installers updated, previous example exports had bad scale.
- SkeletonTest in spine-libgdx is now a tool for inspecting skeleton files.
- Fixed bounding box set points drawing incorrect connecting lines.
- Fixed crash creating a bounding box.
- Fixed texture packer not recognizing images with capital file extensions.
- Fixed bounding boxes being shown when slot is hidden and when under a skin placeholder.
- Fixed crash renaming an event.
- Fixed filesystem watching for image directories when two skeletons use the same image directory.
- Fixed auto key creating spurious keys (!) when the timeline is scrubbed over event keys.
- Fixed JSON export writing bone x and y for scaleX and scaleY (!).
- Fixed bounding boxes being drawn even when hidden.
- Fixed mouse cursor sticking after deselection.
- Fixed undo in animate mode.
- Fixed new skeleton bones all being at 0,0 with 0 rotation if no animation is visible.
- Project files are now a bit smaller.
- Allow choosing version 1.7.12 as an update on the settings dialog.
- Fixed issues with botched 1.7.13 release.
- Clicking a bone in the dopesheet now selects that bone, ctrl to toggle, must click +/- to expand/collapse.
- Fixed clicking dopesheet names being off by a few pixels.
- Left side of dopesheet now expands to fit text.
- Renaming a bone no longer changes bones shown in the dopesheet.
- Fixed being unable to save when a selection group (ctrl+#) contains a slot under the Draw Order tree node.
- Fixed draw order dopehsheet rows showing up at bottom when multiple skeletons are selected.
- Uninstaller shows up in Add/Remove Programs on Windows.
- Improved application loading.
- Fixed timeline not showing correctly until the dopesheet opens (rare).
- Fixed playing backward looping when repeat is off.
- Fixed selection groups having the same object multiple times.
- Better bone rendering based on length.
- Shorter bones allowed for tiny skeletons.
- Bone scale on settings dialog affects editor as it is changed.
- Bone scale becomes editor scale and affects background checkers.
- Slightly faster scroll zoom when zoomed far out.
- Bounding boxes have been rewritten to match mesh functionality.
- Mesh and bounding box origin is much easier to see.
- Fixed renaming an event not refreshing the name in the tree properties.
- Fixed ghosting meshes.
- More efficient ghosting shaders.
- Middle click now does box select (just like holding ctrl but without adding to the selection).
- Fixed keeping curve when setting FFD or color key over an existing key.
- Easier to select zero length bones, especially when image selection is disabled or in animate mode.
- Image compensation now works for meshes in animate mode.
- Box selecting mesh vertices no longer resets pivot, if it has been moved.
- Fixed binary export failure.
- Fixed ghosting showing the missing image for attachments when the slot has no attachment visible in the setup pose.
- Fixed crash when using meshes and no animation is visible.
- Added lines in the dopesheet between mesh keys.
- Mouse wheel direction over the timeline now matches in the editor area.
- Improved stability when using meshes.
- Improved stability when using undo, especially across setup/animate modes.
- Right clicking a visibility dot also toggles all child slots and bones.
- Fixed camera jumping for 1 frame when saving.
- Fixed command line arguments for "Spine (system Java).app" on OS X.
- Extensive refactoring to support new features.
- Texture packer square output now uses smallest size.
- Fixed moving points in mesh set points mode.
- Dopesheet now shows all meshes for the current skin, even if not visible.
- F1 for instant tooltips now works in dialogs.
- Texture packer can now pack multiple, scaled atlases.
- Dragging for the Pose tool no longer uses a tap square.
- Fixed mesh images not output by the texture packer.
- Fixed mesh attachment color.
- Added "grid" texture packer option for packing spritesheets with a uniform grid.
- Fixed GIF export so the last frame is not exported if the GIF loops.
- Added GIF quality, higher quality means better colors but exports more slowly.
- Fixed crash when mesh is hidden in setup mode and made visible in animate mode.
- Shift + bone create tool now names bones using the name of the attachment's slot.
- When using shift + bone create tool, shift can be released to end the bone outside the attachment and the attachment slot is still reparented.
- Tree now goes to the right of the dopesheet when the window is wide enough.
- Fixed Mac crash on start.
- Fixed crash exporting when an image couldn't be read.
- Fixed multiple rows in the dopesheet appearing for the same transform after pasting with a slot selected.
- Free form deformation (FFD)! Meshes can be keyed and animated.
- Changed how loop start/end is denoted.
- Fixed moving origin for mesh SRT tools.
- Added secret command line param "scale" which scales the UI for high DPI displays. Eg: scale=1.3
- Fixed pasting multiple color keys.
- Bone color can be customized per bone.
- Fixed crash selecting in editor/tree by clicking in dopesheet.
- Fixed setup pose being modified by undo/redo of changes done in animate mode.
- Better storage of last directory and file paths, eg after creating a new project.
- Saving project in animate mode stores camera position correctly.
- Fixed data export not have the correct image sizes.
- Added warnings to data export for missing images.
- Playback is stopped if past last frame and the editor area is clicked.
- Fixed multiple timelines appearing the dopesheet after pasting keys.
- Fixed pasting color keys to a different slot.
- Fixed crash from undoing creation of a selected vertex.
- Fixed color hotkey not working in animate mode.
- Hotkeys to navigate bone hierarchy.
- Fixed crash double clicking in Edit Mesh, Set Points.
- Fixed Edit Mesh, Reset Points not applying rotation and scale.
- Allow color keys to be copied to another slot (selected in the tree).
- Fixed crash after deleting certain mesh vertices.
- Fixed crash deselecting during draw order drag and drop.
- Removed name uniqueness requirements for attachments under a skin placeholder.
- Path is cleared on project load if the same as the name. This fixes up older version which may have set the path unnecessarily.
- Disabled MSAA by default.
- Moving an attachment to a different slot now deletes keys for that attachment in all animations.
- Fixed bone scale compensation not applying translation when children don't inherit scale.
- Box select also does unselect.
- Dopesheet zooms in further.
- Thinner shader outline on images.
- Fixed path being set when it should not be.
- Keep dopesheet selection when resizing dopesheet. Box selections still go away.
- Fixed graph rendering during dopesheet key offset.
- Fixed dimming the text of hidden items in tree not matching during playback.
- Fixed crash selecting with ctrl+# bones that have been deleted.
- Might have fixed OSX flickering on resize.
- Disallow dropping skin placeholder on another placeholder.
- Fixed crash exporting animations.
- Fixed backspace not registering in text fields.
- Double click in text fields will select a word. Triple click to select all.
- Ctrl+# selection groups are saved in the project.
- Fixed skeleton draw order for image and video export.
- Fixed exported JSON having an empty "path" field.
- No longer show rectangle outline for selected images unless moused over.
- Fixed image rotation not appearing.
- Fixed incorrect dopesheet layout when the window is resized smaller with the dopesheet closed.
- New hotkeys.
- Fixed all events showing up as being modified when one is modified.
- Fixed selecting an event key for the first time not selecting it.
- Fixed crash selecting bones in animate mode with certain tree filters active.
- Fixed crash importing a project.
- Fixed editor box selection crash.
- Fixed crash pasting before opening the dopesheet.
- Fixed some issues with importing from a project with events.
- Fixed save project as hotkey that uses shift.
- Fixed crash from a bad value in older projects.
- Nudge for scale and rotate tools.
- Nudge works with auto key.
- Bounding boxes now have SRT in the editor.
- Freeze button for bounding boxes.
- New hotkeys.
- Image compensate works for bounding boxes.
- Fixed crash from clicking SRT textfield then a key with auto key on.
- Fancy animated hiding selection.
- Selection and tool icon hides during manipulation.
- Fixed occasional crash clicking keys.
- Fixed duplicated skin placeholder attachments have the path set when the original did not.
- Better preservation of tree selection, eg during undo/redo.
- Allow OpenGL software mode, with performance warning.
- Better FPS management, avoids low FPS in the editor.
- Fixed autokey for events when an event hasn't been keyed yet.
- Multi key selection now selects multiple bones when dopesheet is locked.
- Fixed duplicate skeleton.
- Added "new bone" to bone tree properties.
- New hotkeys changed from dialog to toast.
- Added hotkeys: new bone, lock dopesheet, refresh dopesheet.
- Drag visibility dot in tree to change many items.
- Slot icon shows slot color.
- Dopesheet highlighted rows better match the editor and tree.
- New dopesheet button and hotkey, "select dopesheet bones".
- Find and Replace gets "scope" settings.
- Dopesheet receives focus for pasting keys when timeline is clicked.
- The pose lost when scrubbing the timeline can be restored with undo, but now it can't if there are things to redo.
- SRT dopesheet keys can be pasted to another bone. Select keys, copy keys, select a single bone, paste keys.
- SRT pose can be copied from bones to other bones. Select bones, copy, select other bones, paste.
- In the dopesheet, ctrl+drag creates a selection box. Easier to start a selection on a key.
- Loop end is used instead of the last frame when scrubbing.
- Stopping playback now refreshes the SRT values to be exactly on the frame displayed.
- Line in curve graph showing current timeline position. Only if all selected keys start and end on the same frame.
- Clicking an image in animate mode now selects the slot in the tree, since selecting the image isn't useful for animating.
- Easier to click animation and timeline names in dopesheet.
- New Pro feature, offset keys: automatically wraps keys when moved past animation start/end.
- Slightly shorter dopesheet rows.
- Fixed crash in "choose existing or new slot" dialog.
- Dragging dopesheet keys with ctrl+shift now copies the keys again.
- Right clicking a select box in the tree properties chooses the last item chosen.
- Fixed import data with event that has a blank string value.
- Fix for zero size file dialog headers on Linux.
- Auto key and "key edited" shortcut works for slot color, slot attachments, draw order, and events.
- Fixed crash with restore selection (ctrl+1, 1) when selecting bones and images in the tree.
- Fixed using new bounding box or slot on a bone.
- Fixed slots and attachments showing up as "__drag" when dragged into the editor area.
- Allow dragging multiple images to a bone (they get new slots just like dragging into the editor area).
- Fixed keying color for multiple slots at once.
- Store/set selection (eg ctrl+1 then press 1) stores tree selection if nothing is selected in editor. Eg, quickly jump between animations.
- Fixed attachment name showing up as "__drag".
- Fixed dragging attachment to skin placeholder when no skin is selected.
- Fixed unable to use cancel in file dialog on Linux.
- Improvements to replace dialog.
- Interpolate button on playback dialog.
- Added path to region attachments, so a slot may have multiple attachments with different names but the same image. This leads to per attachment color and meshes.
- Per attachment color.
- Added replace dialog for faster skinning and other uses. Only accessible via ctrl + H right now.
- Fixed loading projects from paths containing certain Unicode characters.
- Fixed crash selected a bone or image for certain projects.
- Fixed updating hotkeys from older Spine versions.
- Dialog when a hotkeys.txt error occurs.
- Dialog when new hotkeys are available.
- Added buttons for log, hotkeys, backups to settings dialog.
- Fixed crash in certain situations on touch up in dopesheet.
- Dopesheet now shows keys for all bones if a bone is selected that has no keys.
- Minor fixes.
- Fixed dragging a skin placeholder under another placeholder.
- Allow dragging an attachment to a skin placeholder that has an attachment already, to replace the attachment without copying the existing SRT.
- Fixed create when skeleton is added.
- Fixed selecting multiple slots under draw order.
- Fixed skeleton sort order being reversed.
- Ctrl + click item in dopesheet to add to current selection.
- Ctrl + shift + drag in dopesheet to copy keys.
- Restore window if minimized on close prompt.
- Fixed undo for slot color changes.
- Multiple slots can now have their color changed at once. Finally!
- Skeleton draw order can be changed (but not keyed). Also finally!
- Adjustable bone size in settings.
- Dim skeletons in settings.
- Fixed playing backward with repeat.
- Added "Hide Selection" hotkey to hide tool, image outlines, skeleton dimming, etc.
- Added "Save JSON" to packer settings dialog to save pack.json file.
- Changed draw order up/down arrows to better indicate difference from the previous draw order.
- Trimmed names on export.
- Fixed dopesheet items with long names getting clipped.
- New or missing hotkeys are inserted into the hotkeys.txt file.
- Lots of hotkeys added.
- Tooltips show the correct hotkeys after hotkeys.txt has been customized.
- Fixed dopesheet vertical scrollbar appearing when closed.
- Fixed Spine starting in animate mode and messing up the setup pose.
- Moved timeline to top of dopesheet to reduce mousing.
- Fixed import project crash when slots are missing for keyed draw order.
- Faster loading when switching visible images in the tree or doing undo/redo.
- Drag and drop an image or region attachment on another to add to the same slot with the same SRT.
- Drag and drop an image or region attachment on an attachment under a skin placeholder to replace the attachment in the active skin.
- Images dropped on a slot are positioned at the slot's bone rather than the root bone.
- Fixed detecting page up/down keys on Mac.
- Fixed beep sound on Mac when using ctrl + key.
- Another animation draw order key adjustment, should be robust now.
- Fixed beep sound on Mac when using ctrl + key.
- Another animation draw order key adjustment, should be robust now.
- Fixed using pack.json files to control the texture packer.
- One more fix to draw order key adjustment.
- Refreshing images no longer hangs UI for directories with thousands of images.
- Changed how animations draw order keys are adjusted when setup pose draw order changes.
- Fixed hotkeys not working on some computers.
- Fixed box selection scaling keys differently if made right/left instead of left/right.
- Hotkeys configured via file:Windows: <user home folder>Spinehotkeys.txtMac: <user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/hotkeys.txtLinux: <user home folder>/.spine/hotkeys.txt
- Fixed draw order when dragging multiple slots.
- Keyed draw order is keeps its order when a slot is deleted.
- Hide playback dialog in setup mode.
- Fixed storing export paths relative to project directory.
- Allow multiple attachments to be drag and dropped.
- Only keep a single image in memory at a time when packing textures.
- Remembering export path improvements.
- Fixed SRT showing as modified just by focusing text field, since textfield has limited precision.
- Auto key is now applied when editing SRT via numeric text input.
- Adjusted dopesheet colors for selected bones when locked.
- PRO/ESS label in titlebar.
- Fixed dopesheet bug when stretching box selection to flip, then stretching it again.
- Native file dialog for OSX.
- Fixed occasional hang dragging multiple images into the editor area.
- Fixed crash creating bounding box under a skin placeholder with no skin visible.
- Fixed export crash (really this time).
- Fixed moving slot to different bone causing dopesheet keys to be unselectable.
- Fixed export crash.
- Clicking an image in animate mode selects the bone in the editor area and the image in the tree (slot if tree images hidden, bone if tree images and slots hidden). Makes it easier to get to slot properties when a bone has many slots.
- Fixed auto key adding a color key when color had a bezier curve but had not changed.
- Persisted per project paths (eg for export) are relative to project file (unless on different drive).
- Fixed draw order reversing when dropping multiple slots above first slot.
- Fixed resizing dopesheet box selection which starts on frame zero.
- Change version name to Professional.
- Fixed crash selecting in the tree with bones/images/bounds unselectable.
- Fixed Spine keeping image files in use.
- Fixed reverse dopesheet keys with select box scaling.
- Made dopesheet key shift affect subsequent keys when select box scaling.
- Fixed small memory leak.
- Set timeline frame to 0 when animation visibility changes.
- Fixed crash bug when clicking attachments in the tree.
- Fixed clicking with bone tool on an image to create zero length bone.
- Added reset to defaults button for texture packer settings.
- MSAA in settings dialog. 8x looks nice!
- Fixed duplicating a skeleton that has events in an animation.
- Fixed duplicating a bounding box cleared the visibility dot.
- Fixed auto key affecting hidden skeletons.
- Fixed bounding boxes shown for hidden skeletons.
- Fixed GIF export matte/background color with transparency.
- Fixed tree selection bug.
- Renamed "points" to "vertices" in bounding box JSON.
- Fixed having an image folder with same name as an image file.
- Fixed importing a project with draw order.
- Fixed bug from clicking in tree with ctrl and shift down.
- Strip invalid characters from file names.
- Select box for a skin placeholder to create a bounding box.
- Fixed hidden skeletons affecting dopesheet end of animation orange line.
- Hidden skeletons now won't be exported.
- Double click the expand or collapse button in tree to expand/collapse all. Collapse this way doesn't collapse skeleton root nodes, eg to more easily access a skeleton's animations.
- Numerous minor bug fixes.
- Bounding boxes!
- Fixed numerous crashes, eg with selecting bones/images.
- More under the cover changes for bounding boxes. Sorry for any small instability!
- Fixed dragging skin attachments.
- Skin attachments are now called skin placeholders.
- Attachment hide keys are dimmer.
- Fixed exporting all skins to an atlas when exporting JSON or binary.
- Export option for image sequences to export all skins.
- Open/close tree now pans camera.
- Fixed spacing around lots of icons.
- All images are no longer loaded from the images directory, they are now loaded/unloaded as needed.
- Odd format images no longer crash Spine. All images should be decoded properly now.
- Fixed Spine menu not opening sometimes.
- Images select bones in setup mode when image selection is disabled (just like they always do in animate mode).
- New fancy build stuff no one gets to appreciate.
- Playback dialog presets for 0.5x, 1x, 2x.
- Fixed bug deleting events and skins.
- Fixed curve splitting and replacing colors keys causing graph to not render.
- Fixed a number of crash bugs: clicking a new project, opening certain projects that use skins.
- Playback slider can go > 2.
- Store camera position and zoom in project.
- Better Spine menu.
- Major internal changes in anticipation for different attachment types (eg bounding boxes).
- Fixed draw order reversing when doing drag and drop with multiple slots.
- Fixed occasional crash keying draw order.
- Draw order up/down arrows in tree only for slots that have been changed (not slots inbetween).
- Fixed exporting multiple draw order keys.
- spine-libgdx binary format changed, replaced strings with indexes where possible.
- Draw order updates on the fly while doing drag and drop in the tree.
- Keyable draw order. Editor is done, for runtimes only spine-libgdx is implemented so far.
- Import data supports events.
- Dopesheet gets fancy icons.
- Rename bone or slot has checkboxes to rename slot or attachment with same name.
- Single Spine instance in settings dialog. Existing window will be reused when opening file via command line parameter. Windows installer updated.
- Fixed play not working after ctrl+E.
- Icons for all buttons.
- New tree properties layouts.
- Fixed file dialogs remembering where they were last open.
- Stored file dialog locations in project.
- Now opens a file provided as a command line argument.
- Fixed cloning skeleton with events.
- Minor fixes.
- Ctrl + saves current bone/image/key selection. Press the number without ctrl to restore selection.
- Copy, paste, cut, delete hotkeys for dopesheet keys.
- Fixed setting ghosting frame step
- Event timeline!
- Editor view stays centered when switching animate/setup mode and adjusting tree/dopesheet size.
- Fixed dopesheet toolbar being clipped/hidden (finally!).
- Marker for slider center.
- Better glowing auto key and adjust buttons.
- More and better button icons.
- Fixed bug not importing slot setup pose color.
- Caused and fixed a number of issues. Sorry for the momentary instability, but the dust is settling and things are better!
- Added dopesheet multi key edit mode.
- Colors for auto key and multi key edit modes.
- Smoother project opening.
- Fixed launcher not being able to download updates. Download and reinstall Spine if you had this problem!
- Fixed translate image compensation for bones that don't inherit rotation.
- Fixed rotate tool when bone has negative x scale.
- Fixed shifting subsequent keys by holding alt when starting to drag a key.
- Added toolbar button for shifting subsequent keys.
- Fixed slot colors in editor.
- Asterisk for unsaved changes.
- Fixed Spine's longest running crash, rare but happened when clicking in editor after mousing over tree.
- Fixed undoing delete slot image change key.
- Fixed relative paths when using Browse on Images tree node.
- Convert absolute path to project relative path on project load.
- Reset everyone's preferences to stop a crash bug on start. Sorry!
- Removed event timeline. It was included accidentally, it's not done yet. Soon!
- Fixed image directory monitoring trying to read files that are still being written.
- Fixed solid ghosts being drawn incorrectly sometimes.
- Fixed new sliders to allow text entry below slider step size.
- Added feature to ghosting to only show attachments for selected bones.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Fixed filtering artifacts on transparent edges.
- Added bleed setting for the texture packer. This fixes filtering artifacts on transparent edges when not using premultiplied alpha.
- Fixed skin export issue.
- Fixed rare crash bug when double clicking keys.
- Fixed importing from other projects animations with slot image changes.
- Fixed image export bounds.
- Fixed error dialog text wrapping.
- Fixed texture packer bugs.
- Fixed rare crash clicking keys after undo/redo.
- Fixed occasional crash when opening projects.
- Fixed occasional crash when preferences could not be saved.
- Fixed a few other rare crashes.
- Fixed exporting background images.
- When saving, the old project file is now copied into a backup folder in the user directory.
- Dopesheet no longer shows last key marker for hidden skeletons.
- Mouse over images in animate mode now works for selecting bones. Can disable from Options section of toolbar.
- Click in empty space in dopesheet to set timeline position.
- Image "selectable" checkbox became "background", when checked the image isn't selectable and won't be exported.
- Configurable suffix for JSON and binary export.
- Fixed animation name in dopesheet when renaming animation.
- Mouse over textfield, hold shift, mousewheel to edit by 0.1 instead of 1.
- Scrollbar for select boxes with many items, mousewheel scrolls without clicking.
- Much better mouse-image hit detection when using overlapping images with a lot of whitespace.
- Fixed loading image files created in the image folder while Spine is running.
- Better directory watching and image loading error handling.
- Editor FPS reduction when in background on Windows (already did it on OSX).
- Faster graph adjustment.
- Fixed image change keys not being duplicated correctly.
- Now store export directory per project.
- Images in the images directory now load much faster.
- Allow zooming in further.
- Scroll sensitivity becomes less sensitive when zoomed in.
- Better texture packer defaults.
- Line denoting last key in animation.
- Fixed keys disappearing when using a selection box with no width.
- Fixed multi select in tree on Mac (was ctrl, now cmd).
- Fixed overview key changing all keys at that frame when selected via drawing a box.
- Fixed some exports with small value changes incorrectly using a stepped curved.
- New fancy sliders.
- Fixed double clicking overview keys to delete.
- Fixed outline shader on OSX.
- Fixed crash when selecting bone or image on OSX.
- Export image can now export all animations at once.
- Enabled dragging multiple images to a slot in the tree.
- Fixed image directory watching for automatically adding/removing folders.
- Fixed images that couldn't be loaded showing the wrong images.
- Added warning dialog when images could not be loaded.
- Fixed translate nudge for bones.
- Fixed translate nudge axis control.
- Fixed New Slot button crash.
- Changed undo for visibility to happen as a group.
- Create tool now parents image under mouse at any time if shift is pressed when dragging. This allows drawing bones for an image even when the bone is outside the image bounds.
- Hold alt with bone Create tool to redraw selected bone.
- N hotkey selects Create tool.
- Shift + plus/minus hotkey changes draw order by 5.
- H hotkey to toggle visibility.
- Visibility dot toggles entire selection when clicked.
- Fixed tree expanding when visibility dot is clicked and auto expand is disabled.
- "Selectable" checkbox for images, no more accidentally selecting the background template.
- Name tags shown on mouse over.
- Fixed crash drawing zero length bone with shift.
- F2 hotkey to rename.
- Fixed a drag and drop crash.
- Can no longer drop multiple images in the tree.
- Added playback dialog with playback speed.
- No outlines when panning.
- New slot dialog uses attachment name, not bone name, and strips folders.
- Hold shift when creating a bone to attach the image (and slot) under the mouse to the new bone. This enables a new workflow for creating skeletons: drag multiple images into the editor at once, draw bones on them holding shift, assemble the skeleton, assign bone hierarchy (click child, press P, click parent OR drag and drop bones in the tree).
- Multiple drag and drop in the tree for: image files, slots, bones
- No outlines when dragging a tool.
- Fixed rapid ctrl clicking in tree not selecting.
- Fixed image name tags for skin attachments.
- and - hotkeys for adjusting draw order.
- Fixed using nearest for minification when linear should be used.
- Fixed selecting slot keys.
- Thinner image selection outline when zoomed.
- Adjusted bone sizes when zoomed in.
- Fixed linear filtering being used when it shouldn't.
- Fixed tree distortion at some window vertical sizes.
- Fixed menu not opening sometimes.
- Fixed imported data keys sometimes being off integer frames slightly.
- Fixed importing attachment timelines, color timelines, and curves.
- Fixed copy/paste in textfields on OSX.
- Fixed command key on OSX.
- Fixed R/F hotkeys for next/previous frame.
- Tons of changes for ghosting, working much better now.
- Fix for keys being the smallest amount off an integer frame.
- Fixed rare crash bug on project open.
- Changed how ghosting offset is applied.
- Fixed some minor ghosting bugs.
- Fixed moving slot to new bone crash.
- Fixed shader crashes on OSX.
- Ghosting (aka onion skinning). This is a big feature, enjoy!
- Dopesheet keys don't snap inside a selection box.
- Key curve splitting fixes.
- Dopesheet key crash fixes. Dopesheet is looking pretty stable.
- Right click tree node to expand/collapse all.
- Dopesheet key crash fixes.
- Scrollbar shown when panned away from keys.
- Performance improvements for large projects. Now works well with 1000+ animations, each with 8000+ keys.
- Recent projects menu.
- More prompts to save (open, new project, recent project).
- Fixed global rotation and scale when inherit is unchecked.
- Compensation when checking inherit rotation/scale.
- Fixed tooltip staying active when clicking new project.
- If you scrub the timeline and lose your pose, you can get it back with undo.
- Dopesheet completely revamped under the covers. Keep an eye out for bugs!
- Added an overview to the dopesheet, shows all keys.
- Select boxes can now scroll, eg to choose an animation to import from a project with hundreds of animations.
- New undo system. Fixes undo not working and slowdown with huge projects. This required massive changes, keep an eye out for undo related bugs.
- Changed the timeline position jumping to the selected key to happen on mouse up. Allows keys to be dragged without changing the timeline position.
- Fixed crash at start up.
- Minor fixes.
- Tooltips for dopesheet and tree drag resize discovery.
- Ignore loop start/end when loop is disabled.
- Bone checkbox to disable scale/rotation inheritance.
- Fixed dopesheet buttons getting clipped.
- Additive blending for slots.
- Allowed tree to scroll further at the bottom.
- Click single selected tree node to deselect.
- Fixed issue 16, drag and drop sometimes stops working.
- Exit confirmation.
- Settings to not auto update (you'll need to download the newest launcher).
- Fixed backspace in text fields.
- Support non-Latin characters in export path.
- Auto key for bone compensation.
- Fixed rare crash renaming bones, slots, etc.
- Fixed not loading images with dot in the name.
- Sort skins, animations, attachments, by name in tree and in exported JSON.
- Fixed deleting keys leaving an empty dopesheet item.
- Added auto key button.
- Fixed opening projects with all skeletons hidden.
- Deterministic bone order by both hierarchy and name. This allows animations to be applied to a different skeleton at runtime as long as the hierarchy and bone names are the same.
- Fixed dopesheet box selection. The wrong keys were selected sometimes.
- Sort animations by name.
- Linear filtering setting used for image/video export.
- Fixed image/video export translucent edge artifacts.
- Fixed Image node in tree not updating text after browse.
- Changed Current frame textbox to allow float frame entry.
- Fixed touchdown in timeline going between frames without shift being held.
- File dialog now looks for both .spine and .project files.
- Fixed pressing tab after setting scale would revert scale.
- Allowed partial frame to be shown and entered in "Current" frame textbox.
- Fixed mouse down on timeline so it doesn't jump to partial frame (unless shift is held).
- Fixed crash selecting dopseheet keys with ctrl.
- Fixed halo with PNG export.
- Fixed exporting animation with keyed image changes.
- Reduced halo with PNG export, still not perfect though.
- Fixed imported animations not having overview keys.
- Hid overview keys in dopesheet for expanded bones when there is only 1 key.
- Fixed duplicating skins.
- Fixed imported skins.
- Duplicate can only be used in animate mode.
- Fixed editor panning on Linux.
- Embedded OpenJDK to fix JRE-related problems, especially Java 7 on Mac.
- New application launcher with auto updating.
- Installer for Windows.
- DMG for Mac to fix execute permissions problems.
- Fixed app icon on Mac.
- Enter in textfield no longer keeps keyboard focus.
- Fixed file dialog not appearing sometimes.
- Refactored runtimes for more control over how attachments are loaded.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed export on Mac.
- Fixed loading projects saved while in animate mode.
- Better dialog messages.
- New launcher script in Spine.app for Mac.
- Updated to experimental LWJGL to support Java 7 on Mac.
- Fixed crash when switching animate/setup mode when picking parent.
- Fixed crash when clicking keys in dopesheet.
- Included license.txt file.
- Updated Corona runtime example to show time accumulation.
- Increased max image files that will be loaded per skeleton from 500 to to 750.
- Fixed holding ctrl with bone pose tool (deselecting, adding to selection with box, etc).
- Fixed crash at start on Windows (oops!).
- All new launcher and window frame for Mac, enabling Spine to run with Java 7 on OSX.
- Refactored a few libgdx and Corona runtime class names. Same functionality, better names.
- Added message so users know Spine logo can be clicked.
- Minor fixes for Corona.
- Made update available message more prominent.
- Refactored JSON format to not rely on map order and to not quote numbers, updated libgdx and Corona runtimes.
- Fixed dopesheet selection box, broken by resizable dopesheet.
- Fixed crash from deleting slot with keyed color or image change.
- Fixed lines between keys for small value changes.
- Fixed click and drag in text fields to select text (drag left/right) versus change value (drag up/down).
- Fixed undo when opening new project.
- Fixed undo in animate mode reverting to bind pose.
- libgdx runtime: Added Skeleton#findBone(String) and similar convenience methods.
- Updated OpenGL initialization for very old GPUs.
- Added a Spine runtime for Corona.
- Added duplicate button for skins.
- Set color of hidden items in the tree that are valid targets to white during drag and drop.
- Fixed image name conflict to be less stringent for skin attachments.
- libgdx runtime: Added Animation mix method.
- libgdx runtime: Added MixTest example to show animation mixing.
- Added image width/height to export format for easier runtime calculations.
- Enabled drag tree toggle button to resize tree.
- Enabled drag dopesheet toggle button to resize dopesheet.
- libgdx runtime: Added support for whitespace stripped and rotated spritesheet images.
- Deleting imported skeleton had to be deleted twice.
- Added message so users know setup/animate can be clicked.
- Color dialog updates value from current text field when OK is clicked.
- Deleting skeleton did not remove dopesheet keys.
- libgdx runtime: Added flipX and flipY to Skeleton class.
- libgdx runtime: Added setScale for loaders. This scales the bones and animations so they can be used with a larger or smaller set of images (eg, for a HQ version). This can also be used to scale the skeleton down to a reasonable size for use with Box2D.
- libgdx runtime: Added SkeletonTest.
- Added dialogs for import skeleton and animation.
- Fixed import skeleton to properly support importing skins.
- Fixed file dialog getting stuck behind fullscreen application window.
- Changed numeric text entry to not require enter to accept the value.
- Fixed entering invalid values for color chooser.
- Added import skeleton and import animation. These accept data in the same format that Spine exports and provides a way to bring in data from other applications.
- Fixed some project files losing the bind pose when saved in animate mode.